• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wallby

My New Car

Wallby

Luke, I couldn't make the meet yesterday and the 205 is sitting in my garage because I need to sell my other car first before I can transfer the insurance across! I will def make the next meet as I should have it on the road by then!

Think ill leave the bumpers as they are for now then, is there much difference with the GTI rear valence???

richsmells

Gti valance is a little deeper, rather than being "rounded off" so it matches the front valance a little better. </chav>

Edited by richsmells

Wallby

I decided to put some rear half leathers in the back which I had lying around as I am going to need a boot to hide my things.

Only problem is, it looks as if there should be a bracket holding the 2 back parts of the seats up? Can someone tell me what the bracket looks like and sell me 1 if they have a spare?

The rallye seats are 1 piece so no need to join in the middle!

Thanks

Rhys

jonnygoodhand
Ye im gonna have to keep an eye open for some seats, no rush though as I quite like the buckets!

Have you seen these? The same seller also has a black/red cloth interior from a GTI, which you should be able to get some doner parts from.

24seven

Looks good! I really want a white GTi now.

Wallby

Cant work out how I missed those seats! Have been doing a search for some seats almost everyday!

I have a half leather interior and I have put the rear seats in, just need the middle fixing bracket!

jonnygoodhand

They were sold a few minutes after I posted the link - I thought you were the buyer!

They had only been listed an hour earlier, so it most go down as one of the quickest auctions to-date.

Edited by jonnygoodhand

Jose

Hey Rhys,

Thought it was you, nice rallye, had much luck flogging the 206?

Jose

Wallby

Jose!!! I didn't know you was on here!

No luck on selling the 206 yet, although I do fancy keeping it through the winter, so theres no rush!

Done much to the 205 yet or has all the work been on Seb's new beemer???

Wallby

Good news everyone! Sold the 206 on the weekend so the 205 will soon to be on the road :)

jonnygoodhand

Hi Rhys. Are you still after some seats? If so, someone has criminally scrapped a 205 Rallye with just 44,000 miles on the clock, but the good news is it is now being broke. See eBay here.

Edited by jonnygoodhand

BC Devile

Love the track look with the bonnet pins and buckets. Any future plans for it?

Wallby

No real plans for it at the moment as I'm quite liking the way it is! Just keeping it going and getting it nice and tidy is the main thing.

The only big thing to change since I had it is the interior, here's how it is now,

P5200066.jpg

P5200065.jpg

I keep meaning to start a project thread for it but never get round to it!

Craig89

I saw this one for sale, looks really clean! Are they S2 steels? Do they rub in the rear arches if you have people in the back?

Wallby

Im not really sure if they are S1 or S2 steelies but they have never rubbed on my car.

Whats the difference between S1 and S2 and how can you tell? Are the S2 ones slightly wider?

Craig89

Yeah the S2 are slightly wider at 6J whereas the S1 are 5.5J. It will be stamped on the outside of the rim. I am looking at getting some for my rallye thats why i ask, but im running a 1.9 disc beam which could possibly be wider, im not sure?

Wallby

I just checked and they are 6J so S2 wheels. No problems with rubbing but I think I have a 1.6 GTI beam on the back.

Funnily enough, my spare wheel is 5.5J so I have both kinds!

What wheels do you have on there now?

Craig89

I will have to find out if there are any beam width differences between the 1.6 and 1.9 then. Are your tires 185/55?

I am currently on speedline sl434s, they are fine until i have anyone in the back then i get a bit of rubbing.

Joe-Tait

Love the seats

Nice touch :P

DaveW

Those seats look bloody awsome :P

Wallby

I've got 195/45 Toyo's on mine. I quite fancy some sl434s, but have never had the money or the guts to change my wheels!

You taking your car to Pugfest?

backroadpug

very very nice love the euro arches im thinking on getting for mine but do them in black go with the yellow and black theme.

asdf205

I love that. Allways liked the rallyes.

Craig89
I've got 195/45 Toyo's on mine. I quite fancy some sl434s, but have never had the money or the guts to change my wheels!

You taking your car to Pugfest?

Yeah im taking my car to Pugfest, are you?

Wallby

Yep i'll be there, taking my car up the hill too!