• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Engine Issues

Pob
a friend of mine had his pulsar injectors done by a bloke on ebay (good turnaround 2-3 days i believe) and they come back flowing 25% better more than standard and i think he only paid 40 squid or so.

Any ideas of who it was on eBay?

Thanks,

Dan

ALEX

LINK

Sorry Thats the postal service I used. £49.45 for a set of 4 inc. postage.

Edited by ALEX

Pob
LINK

Sorry Thats the postal service I used. £49.45 for a set of 4 inc. postage.

As this seems like a on going post of all my engine issues, I'll add to it with another.

I took the 205 out today and it was running very lumpy at idle. It pulled fine, but smelt of petrol. I had a look around the engine to see if something had came loose or leaking etc and everything was fine. I had a spare AFM so I thought I would swap it over just to see if it made any difference. The AFM I removed was 0 280 202 056 which is apparently of a Citroen BX.... I replaced it with 0 280 202 109 which is from a 205 1.9 8v? Well it runs alot better, no stupid kagarooing and the lumpy idle has gone.

Would the BX AFM work ok on my engine or has some of the running issues been the AFM all along?

Thanks,

Dan

philfingers

AFM determines the mixture so if it's calibrated for a different engine the mixture will be wrong. What size and power engine'd BX is it off. If it's a smaller lower powered one it would make sense that it would run lean on your 8v

Phil

Pob
AFM determines the mixture so if it's calibrated for a different engine the mixture will be wrong. What size and power engine'd BX is it off. If it's a smaller lower powered one it would make sense that it would run lean on your 8v

Phil

The car came with it fitted, i've never noticed it till yesterday. Did a search on Google

BX GTi 1.6 litre

87-92

Bosch LE Jetronic

0 280 202 056

It seemed ok until yesterday when started to idle badly. Maybe I can advance the timing now....

Dan

jackherer

0 280 202 056 is correct for a 1.6 205 GTI. There is no such thing as a BX 1.6 GTI.

Pob
0 280 202 056 is correct for a 1.6 205 GTI. There is no such thing as a BX 1.6 GTI.

I just copied it from a website as it was the only thing that came up with that part number, but apparently they did make a BX 1.6 GTi.... Here's one forsale Click me

Either way it's from a 1.6

Dan

jengis

There are too many possibilities once you start suspecting AFM's etc are wrong for the engine. If this is suspected, it may be necessary to check every other part number in the injection system to see if it matches up with what should be there. What colour are the injector conectors, for example? Why would the wrong AFM be fitted?

If it runs better on the new AFM, I would get it emmissions checked to set the mixture, a good thing to check anyhow if a car's not running right. But if it were mine I would check it on both AFM's you have, I just don't see why the wrong one would be fitted :P but if it were wrong then there is a real chance other things have been bodged too - but don't jump to conclusions without checking them first!

Oh, I would also suggest you don't advance the timing just because you have it running a bit smoother now - from your pic it is about as advanced as any setting I have seen (no great experience just me and a friend been through a few 205's over last few years)

Kev

Pob
There are too many possibilities once you start suspecting AFM's etc are wrong for the engine. If this is suspected, it may be necessary to check every other part number in the injection system to see if it matches up with what should be there. What colour are the injector conectors, for example? Why would the wrong AFM be fitted?

If it runs better on the new AFM, I would get it emmissions checked to set the mixture, a good thing to check anyhow if a car's not running right. But if it were mine I would check it on both AFM's you have, I just don't see why the wrong one would be fitted :) but if it were wrong then there is a real chance other things have been bodged too - but don't jump to conclusions without checking them first!

Oh, I would also suggest you don't advance the timing just because you have it running a bit smoother now - from your pic it is about as advanced as any setting I have seen (no great experience just me and a friend been through a few 205's over last few years)

Kev

I think it's down to the previous owner not realising there is diffferences in AFM? The only other thing I have noticed is that it's got Mi16/Phase 2 GTi injectors in it rather than the lower flow rate Phase 1 injectors. I'm going to swap them over anyway, I think they need recon'ing anyway.

The reason I even changed the AFM was because the idle went very ruff, it was the only thing that I thought it could be and the spare AFM I had sorted it out. It seems to run fine now... Better than the last engine and the previous 205 I had, but I will get the emissions checked anyway as I know good running doesn't mean it's emissions are ok. ...

Dan

Edited by Pob

Pob

Hi all,

Just a bit of an update. Yesterday I went to Peugeot and bought some new exhaust manifold gaskets as the ones I used were pattern.... plus I've tried most things to fix my annoying ticking noise!. When I removed the old gaskets you could see black soot going to the outer edge of one of the gasket. I have replaced exhausts gaskets before in the hope it would sort out previous problems and didn't make a blind bit of difference. Today I got round to testing it and the noise is almost non-exsistant! Still makes a slight ticking around 2500rpm but no where near as bad as it was :lol: Sounds so much better now

Thanks for all your help guy's, very much appreciated and I learnt a few things through this long thread.

Thanks again,

Dan

Sign in to follow this