• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kyepan

A Nice Little Tale Of Woe For All Those Who Are Struggling

Batfink

Well its fairing better than my BMW which i think shat a valve or two yesterday.

kyepan
Well its fairing better than my BMW which i think shat a valve or two yesterday.

ouch ouch ouch...

time for an mx-5 ?

today the windscreen washer packed up, it would seem a combination of s*itty terminals and dodgy re crimped connectors was to blame, all working after some rub down with wet and dry and a new connector.

kyepan

spent some time at the weekend re-terminating the earths for the fuel pump, didn't make a jot of difference to the hot start issue.

Tested the other areas of the block for earthing quality, it would seem my re earthing and cleaning has already worked. not a jot of voltage anywhere.

Did however find that the king lead has a break in it, which was causing the lack of performance, changed, rapid again.

the exhaust is falling off yet again, a sprightly trip over a speed bump has knocked it for six, need some time to reset the clamps and sleeves.

engine build is progressing, bits going to the workshop this weekend hopefully.

Batfink

I still think we need to do a Mi16-style over the summer, then everything can be checked as its moved across, loom and all.

kyepan
I still think we need to do a Mi16-style over the summer, then everything can be checked as its moved across, loom and all.

just need a donor.