• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mosleygtiminter

Just Wondering Why My 155 Bhp 1.9 8v Isnt Very Fast Top End

M_R_205

if your running a1.6 box it will feel ver torquey indeed, 3500rpm at 70 sounds about right for a 1.6 box, that being the case at 120 im assuming your around 6000rpm??

fitting the 1.9 box you will be revving at just over 4k at 100 and at 6k around 140 - 145 (if you can get there!),

i think (as does everyone else) that you have been bent over and taken for a ride on this one, if i was you id go to a DIFFERENT roaling road and get a power run done there

The £350 you spent on the star chip IMO was monney wasted, you would have been far better off saving a little more and going for a set of webbers on mapable ECU, as the standard ecu only cpontrols the injection and `chipping` it wont give you anything more than an empty wallet and a big fat placebo pill.

Paul.

Edited by M_R_205

GLPoomobile
I have had a 205 mi 16v it was running 182 at the fly aparently and my car is equaly as torqey . but the mi did about 20 - 25 to the gallon but mine does a good 35 easily . i just want to no if i change the gearbox back to the 1.9 and the chip is a star chip bbr gti starchip and noticed alot of difrence. it cost me 299 +vat is there any 1 near tiverton that would have a look at my car for abit of friendly advice

Sorry everyone, but I really can't resist. I have to ask, I simply have to :lol: ...........Mosley, can you tell us what the spec was on that Mi16 for it to have 182bhp?

Guest mosleygtiminter
if your running a1.6 box it will feel ver torquey indeed, 3500rpm at 70 sounds about right for a 1.6 box, that being the case at 120 im assuming your around 6000rpm??

fitting the 1.9 box you will be revving at just over 4k at 100 and at 6k around 140 - 145 (if you can get there!),

i think (as does everyone else) that you have been bent over and taken for a ride on this one, if i was you id go to a DIFFERENT roaling road and get a power run done there

The £350 you spent on the star chip IMO was monney wasted, you would have been far better off saving a little more and going for a set of webbers on mapable ECU, as the standard ecu only cpontrols the injection and `chipping` it wont give you anything more than an empty wallet and a big fat placebo pill.

Paul.

ok i had a 205 1.9 8v on twin coke 40's with a very harsh cam it was all or nothing and was roughly the same as my injection apart from i had more torqe . in the 1 i have now . will it make it faster in my test

Guest mosleygtiminter
Sorry everyone, but I really can't resist. I have to ask, I simply have to :lol: ...........Mosley, can you tell us what the spec was on that Mi16 for it to have 182bhp?

steven edmands mate

bales
ok i had a 205 1.9 8v on twin coke 40's with a very harsh cam it was all or nothing and was roughly the same as my injection apart from i had more torqe . in the 1 i have now . will it make it faster in my test

Your "test" sounds very suspicious as you have already said that it isn't a quarter mile so you have pretty much confirmed that you are racing on the road and cars keep 'coming past' you after 100mph.

This forum generally doesn't really have that favourable stance on that sort of behaviour and you don't come across as the sort of person (from your posts) who usually comes on here.

I also don't really understand what you want people to say, there is no magic answer that is going to suddenly allow your car to beat Civic Type R's in your 'test' other than a couple of £k's spent on your engine or make it weigh about 700kg!

So as a piece of advice give it up, really, you have had 6 pages and you haven't really got anywhere have you.

Oh and just so I sound a bit more arrogant and condescending :lol: could you try and work on the spelling and grammar a bit, I have never heard of twin coke webers, is it a secret new fuelling system that gives you the extra 25bhp your are missing by running on pure coca cola! :( try a bit of Lilt injection and you might beat those CTR's :D

taylorspug
yes i have but im just saying that it feels very simular but its not about reving its all low down revs and grunt or is that cause im running a 1.6 box

The gearbox isnt affecting the engines torque, its a gearbox. All its doing is translating what power and torque the engine has onto the road. Which is going to make it feel very different at different speeds. Also comparing a 1600 and 1900 box is pointless. They are effectively both ends of the spectrum, being respectively one of the shortest and longest boxes in the range. In fact i think comparing anything at this stage is silly. You need to get on a good independant set of rollers to see what is what with the car and go from there. It sounds like a normal 8v to me, which even with the spec you have posted is all you are going to have at the end of the day. The chips do bugger all. Even on far more complex management systems such as Marelli GTI6 management they do little if anything.

Also if you had a genuine 180hp MI you wouldnt even try to compare it to what you have now, it would be night and day quicker. Somewhere along the line you have been spun a few lines.

Guest mosleygtiminter
Your "test" sounds very suspicious as you have already said that it isn't a quarter mile so you have pretty much confirmed that you are racing on the road and cars keep 'coming past' you after 100mph.

This forum generally doesn't really have that favourable stance on that sort of behaviour and you don't come across as the sort of person (from your posts) who usually comes on here.

I also don't really understand what you want people to say, there is no magic answer that is going to suddenly allow your car to beat Civic Type R's in your 'test' other than a couple of £k's spent on your engine or make it weigh about 700kg!

So as a piece of advice give it up, really, you have had 6 pages and you haven't really got anywhere have you.

Oh and just so I sound a bit more arrogant and condescending :lol: could you try and work on the spelling and grammar a bit, I have never heard of twin coke webers, is it a secret new fuelling system that gives you the extra 25bhp your are missing by running on pure coca cola! :( try a bit of Lilt injection and you might beat those CTR's :D

you have never heard of twin choke 40's i will post some pics of the engine i used to run . whats your problem im just saying what the rollers say . It is a very well known tuning shop and a very respected garage that lots of rally cars have various work done with very good results . and i was just asking for abit of advice so you can laugh and take the piss all you like im just curious on what my next steps are with tunning my car .....

Tom Fenton

Next steps-

Up the compression ratio

Fit a proper performance cam

Fit either throttle bodies or twin carbs.

bales
you have never heard of twin choke 40's i will post some pics of the engine i used to run . whats your problem im just saying what the rollers say . It is a very well known tuning shop and a very respected garage that lots of rally cars have various work done with very good results . and i was just asking for abit of advice so you can laugh and take the piss all you like im just curious on what my next steps are with tunning my car .....

Ok I'll stop taking the piss now then, if your genuine question is how to get more power out of your engine then I would suggest using the search button and prepare to read through a lot of posts as there is all the information you could possibly need on here.

If advice is all you want then try wording your posts better so you don't come across as someone who just wants to be faster then 'x' car.

With regard to the Webers I think the phrase 'whooosh' springs to mind.

Guest mosleygtiminter
Ok I'll stop taking the piss now then, if your genuine question is how to get more power out of your engine then I would suggest using the search button and prepare to read through a lot of posts as there is all the information you could possibly need on here.

If advice is all you want then try wording your posts better so you don't come across as someone who just wants to be faster then 'x' car.

With regard to the Webers I think the phrase 'whooosh' springs to mind.

just a quick question . is the 1.6 in tank fuel pump the same as a 1.9 cause mine has just gone gutted

taylorspug

Yes the pumps are the same but there are pre and post '91 versions for both cars, so make sure you get one that corresponds to the year of your car.

jord294
hi mate what have you done to yours to get that power and are you running a 1.6 box

skip brown built the engine in my car, and i believe all the bottom end was lightened and balanced. usual headwork done aswell

the gearbox is an mi with 4.4:1 cwp

when it was road legal, it would easily upset rs turbo owners :):D

Sign in to follow this