• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rom

[car_overhaul] Mi Respray And Some History

maturin23

Stunning work. Very impressive indeed!

Rom

Tom ,I've got to sort something with the width at the rear. So either my 205 beam back on, or might get my standard wheels refurbed. Not decided yet, but with anything in the back, is starts eating the arches lol

djinuk
Tom ,I've got to sort something with the width at the rear. So either my 205 beam back on, or might get my standard wheels refurbed. Not decided yet, but with anything in the back, is starts eating the arches lol

Please dont shoot me but what about a skinnier tyre or even a slight stretch.. ?

Tom Fenton

Have you cut the plastics right back? My car with 309 rear beam, 4mm extra shims, and 1900 wheels comes very close, but with the plastics cut right back (underneath, where you can't see) it only very occasionally rubs now.

hman205

Hi Rom

Will keep an eye out for you around Bristol watch out for someone in either a white/nile blue 306 gti6 waving!

I use to have a 309 beam and wide 16"s on my 205 and had to trim the lips as Tom has suggested cleared fine then had to have 3 people in the back and a boot full of camping gear before it rubbed

Rom

The bodyshop trimmed the arches yeah. When you run your finger under them, there is no lip anymore.

Its my own fault for not doing the research.

The wheels are .75" wider than standard ones i think. Plus the beam is about 1" a side i think ? Thats 3.5" of extra girth on the old girl :D

Narrower tyres could work, but having just bought brand new F1s, im reluctant to buy even more tyres. Im not a fan of stretching, though not really tested how it effects the handling, cant be good losing that sidewall.

A guy at work suggested finding a company to make me some new rear arches. Not looked into it, but assuming they could make them look standard, but wider its an idea.

hman...how low was yours? Mines roughly a 2 finger gap between tyre and arch...and its scuffs slightly with only me in the car. Only very slight marks on tyres.. not pulling the arches off.

Ill keep an eye out for you :(

hman205

think it was a 30mm drop on the back 40mm on the front i had 195/45/16 on 16x7 wheels they were ford offset with a 18mm spacer although i did have very stiff rear dampers

Mac210882

That is lovely :)

If you ever sell, I would be very interested indeed :wacko:

grantley1988

Goood Good, im always going past there will have to have a look some time :)

rallyejames

great blog mate the car is mint!

Daviewonder
great blog mate the car is mint!

Was Mint! Click

Edited by Daviewonder

rallyejames

wow thats what you call i restoration!