• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

Went Through A Big Puddle Now Its Fooked

davey205
I still run the sponge and hose over my engine bay to clean it every now and then. Im just VERY selective where i spray it...

Plugs and leads are one of the easiest jobs to do on an engine. For the plugs just get a suitable plug spanner (sounds like you could do with buying a Halfords tool set) and make sure you dont do them up too tight! They literally need a small tug to tighten them down. Leads are easy, they just pull off and push on, do them one at a time and dont get them mixed up. Move from longest lead on the left to shortest. :P

where do the leads go to ? i know the bit with the black boxes but where do they go the other end? do they just plug in the other end as well ? also about the plugs whats all this about setting the gap and all that i dont understand that :lol:

Edited by davey205

davey205
where do the leads go to ? i know the bit with the black boxes but where do they go the other end? do they just plug in the other end as well ? also about the plugs whats all this about setting the gap and all that i dont understand that :P

if the sparks and leads are really as simple as take old ones out put new ones in ill go out and buy some now but the workshop manual confuses me with the gap settings for plugs :lol:

thefame
if the sparks and leads are really as simple as take old ones out put new ones in ill go out and buy some now but the workshop manual confuses me with the gap settings for plugs :lol:

this day and age most of the plugs are set genraly so it will run no problem just check them before u put them in to make sure there is a gap lol but it is a easy to set a gap on the plugs just need a feeler gauge basic stuff then set the gap according to the book m8

davey205
this day and age most of the plugs are set genraly so it will run no problem just check them before u put them in to make sure there is a gap lol but it is a easy to set a gap on the plugs just need a feeler gauge basic stuff then set the gap according to the book m8

ah right so most of them come preset ok cool

Sign in to follow this