• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steve@cornwall

[misc_work] Another 205 Saved From The Crusher

danpug
Hee, Heee - This one's for Dan & Chris - proof that the garage really does have a floor :lol:

post-7883-1236551074_thumb.jpg

(Guess where all the bits went :blush: )

I won't believe it till i see it with my own eyes!

steve@cornwall
post-7883-1237328239_thumb.jpg

one-lady-owner

Those TU 1.1's really are bomb proof, my first car was a 1.1 106, and in the 16 months I owned it, racked up 41,000 miles (well we all go a bit mad when we get our first taste of freedom!) and the only thing that ever went wrong with the engine was a core plug on the inlet manifold! A mate of mine was running a 1.1 205 without any coolant for quite a few months, he's not very mechanically minded, but did notice that if the STOP light came on and he parked up for a few minutes, the engine would cool down and he'd carry on!! He didn't think it was worth asking about.......

Looking good though! It's amazing the difference of decent valances and alloys make to the look of the 205!!

jimistdt

Thats an inspiration Steve, your styling touches are on a par with Pinifarina (Sp?)

Freakin' Awesome!!

platty
complete with such luxuries as wind up windows, individual locking, 4 spd 'box - and mirrors you can adjust from outside!

:rolleyes::lol::)

Looking good Steve.

danpug

Now its definitely DOES need more grunt i'm afraid, its going to attract attention and the corsa's are waiting for you! Better get an xu in there...............:rolleyes:

steve@cornwall
Now its definitely DOES need more grunt i'm afraid, its going to attract attention and the corsa's are waiting for you! Better get an xu in there...............:P

DO NOT go there, Dan !!!!! I suggested to 'er indoors that I was mulling over using the engine/box from the red GTi in it - It was not well received :D

Can't really take credit for the styling touches, though - I loved the styling on a Rallye that was around here about 12 yrs ago and loosely went for that, but without spending any cash :P It's fitted with bits I already had.

Ethos

I reckon that new 1.9 engine would fit in there v.nicely? :P

As Arnie once said, DO ITTT, DO ITTT NOWWWW!!!

platty

Same problem down here Steve. I was going to drop a 1.6 in the DTI, but was met with a barrage of abuse when I suggested it.

What about if you send her off shopping, and we all bundle round and put a proper engine in it? Just drive it progressively faster over a few weeks.....she'll never know :P

steve@cornwall
Same problem down here Steve. I was going to drop a 1.6 in the DTI, but was met with a barrage of abuse when I suggested it.

What about if you send her off shopping, and we all bundle round and put a proper engine in it? Just drive it progressively faster over a few weeks.....she'll never know :D

Send her shopping? - cheaper to buy a scooby and have done with it :P

DaveW

Keep the 1.1 engine suits the car well.

Guest Ricky81

Top job done there.I saw a white L reg base model(cant remember which though) in a scrap yard yesterday behind Castle Motors near Liskeard,and thought of your post as it was white as well.However it doesnt have the rear lenses now as I got both for a fiver,matching Valeo ones(mine were 1 Valeo 1 unknown make and they didnt quite match.)

Great job again.

danpug

Ricky get your name down for the truro meet!

Junosix
Top job done there.I saw a white L reg base model(cant remember which though) in a scrap yard yesterday behind Castle Motors near Liskeard,and thought of your post as it was white as well.However it doesnt have the rear lenses now as I got both for a fiver,matching Valeo ones(mine were 1 Valeo 1 unknown make and they didnt quite match.)

Great job again.

I was looking at the very same one last weekend wondering how I could take the rear window seal out because mine's got a split! We were up at Castle Motors

looking at Smart cars for my girlfriend. Who, incidentally, has been saying that a Smart car should be faster than a GTI because "it's lighter" :ph34r: Now that she's driven one, she admits that her opinion of the two cars has shifted somewhat!

Edited by Junosix

notamondayfan

ignore the threats from the misses and drop the 1.9 in! tell her a few porkies that the 1.1 engine is knackered and you have to swap it.

or just wait till she goes out, then start. i did this with our bathroom wall. i wanted it taken down, she didnt, so i waited till she went out, then set about with a hammer. needless to say she nearly dumped me when she saw me in the middle of the bathroom with a giant pile of rubble around my feet!

steve@cornwall

Updated with how it looks at present

11front.jpg

11rear.jpg

Galifrey

Should have kept the pepperpots imho

Those wheels are all Dr Sarty :(

steve@cornwall
Should have kept the pepperpots imho

Those wheels are all Dr Sarty :D

MOT'd again today :D :D - complete with the original and genuine Sarty TSWs B):P - Parts cost to prep for it's 2nd mot? £2 for a seatbelt from scrappy and about £1 for rear light bulb. As said, fresh rubber kindly donated by the good Dr - thank's again, Rich.

The advisories kindly remind me that the anti-roll bushes and one cv boot are "slightly deteriorated" and the suspension rear components are "slightly corroded" -

This has to be Uber- budget motoring.

Edited by steve@cornwall

steve@cornwall

I've started playing with this again :lol: After completing a nice Truro-Oxford-Truro journey at just above 50mpg :P I decided it was worthy of a few "new" bits (and losing the lovely wheels) Red carpet, full GTi door cards / opening 1/4 windows, rear panels and plastics have already been fitted, along with starting the electric window installation (driver's side is in) As the loom is going in, I may fit the central locking,too. Oh, it's go the obligatory 405 spray-bars too.

Probably the most noticeable change, though will be the GTi rear beam and arch kit! Now, where did I put the angle-grinder?

danpug

Pass those tsw's to me and i'll ensure they go to the scrappy and never come back to corrupt another pug again! :lol:

welshpug

you want some nice wallye steels and Michelin energy's :lol:

allye

If you had a diesel it would prob 60mpg! Great little car though, I'm loving my £200 diesel though! Keep saying to my self I'm not going to spend and money on it but i really want to!

danpug

Looking good, needs that rear lowering though but then you already knew that! :lol: