• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Fitting New Ign Amp

Kennyb

Hi Guys

Ok i've ordered a new bosch ign amp from peugeot......just a question before I start to attempt fitment.....how do you fit them? is it quite straight forward or will I need special stuff?

I've read about thermal paste but having never touched this area im unsure of the process.

Any advice would be musch apreciated

Cheers

Masekwm

It's held on by two small screws, I undid the old one, covered the back of the new one in thermal paste. Give the area it goes onto a quick clean and screwed the new one in.

Flix

It should come with a tube of thermal paste too.

Kennyb

So pretty straight forward then! How (briefly) does the thing work??

Kennyb

Would a faulty amp create a weak spark???

MerlinGTI

Mines under the coil on an ally plate, if yours is there to, heres what you do! (hah that rhymes!)

Whip the old one off (mine was held in place with two 4 or 5 mm bolts, yours mught be screws though .. what ever)

Clean the ally plate up with a bit of 800 grit (or so) sandpaper so its smooth and shiney.

Give the plate a wipe over with brake cleaner

Give the back of the amp a wipe over with brake cleaner to de-grease (spray the brake cleaner on a cloth, not the amp)

Apply thermal paste to back of new amp

Bolt back on:)

Much like putting a heatsink on a CPU.

I have no Idea how they work, I know jank ones cause misfires that combined with their name ('amplifier') would lead me to think you would be correct in your assumption that knackered ones create weak sparks.

Sign in to follow this