• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stealth_pug

Saxo Vts Engine

stealth_pug

what mounts do I need to fit it into a 205 xu shell?

ta

BERTMAN

TU mounts, and i think you would need to adjust the subframe too for the gear linkages, if you were using a XU shell

stealth_pug

Cheers mate. So would either the topmount off the 106gti or saxo vts fit? Already have the gearbox and lower mount sorted.

welshpug

I'd rather fit an alloy block Mi16 tbh, or an Mi-gti6 hybrid, far more stock power potential for slightly less weight and a stronger gearbox.

stealth_pug

I already know what everyone would "rather do" so lets not turn this thread into the same as the last two please.

welshpug

what last two?!

it doesn't make sense to use a heavier less powerful engine, with a weaker gearbox to boot!

DaveW

You need to mod a 205 tu top mount to clear the cam cover ie: just grind abit out of it, 205 lower mount just bolts on to the back of the engine.

stealth_pug
what last two?!

it doesn't make sense to use a heavier less powerful engine, with a weaker gearbox to boot!

The last two threads I started on the topic.

It doesn't make sense using a 1900cc engine for an entry level rally car.

Out and out performance isn't the only reason people modify cars

welshpug

just use the 8v 1.6 XU then, pretty much the same power output for less weight and a better gearbox, say what its going to be used for an you'll get far more accurate and constructive responses, but don't forget this is a forum and hence peoples opinions will affect their responses to your questions.

if you had already started a thread on this topic why start another one?!

Edited by welshpug

stealth_pug

sorry mate didn't mean to sound like I was having a go at you.

But based on my own circumstances including budget, needs, and what is already available to me I have already decided what engine I am using. Which is why I started a new thread with a straight to the point question as all I needed was a simple answer and didn't want to start up the whole debate of which engine is better.

:)