• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Saveit

306 Xsi Plastic Manifold Flow?

Saveit

Hi

I am looking to play around with an 306 xsi plastik inlet manifold, since there are several good things about this manifold. But i would like to see how well it flows compared to regular 1.9 gti inlet manifold? Someone know where i can find a flowtest or some info on the flow of it at least?

I am looking to custom build a manifold by editing the plastic manifold. Just want to know if it is needed. The main thing is if the manifold can outflow the head or not? If it outflows the head, then there is no reason to change anything about it.

Thank you

Saveit

Someone?

tony perks

I will do one I have a plastic inlet and a std Gti one, Given the shape it should flow quite a bit better IMO, will be end of week as i have 3 other heads to test first before i can play though.

Saveit

That sound superb! But i think we will all be very surprised by the flow test... There are really many good things about the 306 xsi inlet. This is especially aimed at the XU10 conversion, since you can avoid porting the head to use the GTI inlet by using the 306 inlet instead..

There are many good things about the 306 XSI inlet: 10mm larger throttlebody, quite large inlet "tubes", the angle that the air enters the head by is good, and the injectors sits high so that hey do not disturb the airflow... The bad things is the the angle from the air containter to the inlet "tubes" is more than 90 degrees, and the manifold in general does not fit that well in the engine compartment...

About the GTi inlet manifold i read one of Guy Crofts flow tests. This showed that the angle that the air enters the head is really bad, and it actually proved a loss in flow of about 10% as i recall... Furthermore the injectors sits low and can therefore help "blocking" or disturbing the air. And also it has a smaller throttle body than the 306 XSI inlet manifold...

I think a flow test could be quite interesting... Especially if you perhaps have an XU10 head and an XU9 head to test them on. It would be perfect! ANd we could then really find out whether or not the XU10 conversion is really worth it!

Thanks!

Edited by Saveit

Saveit

Hows it going Tony? Sorted any of those heads you needed to sort first yet?

Sign in to follow this