• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Paint Help, Paintguy?

Richie-Van-GTi

I want a paint to cover my 405, I have guns / compressor etc so thats not an issue. But heres the reason I want advice.

I will be spraying in the cold garage or maybe the yard, I dont want to mess about priming or laquering, I do want a pretty similar colour match as Im doing a over blow over not including door shuts etc.

So what Im looking for is a paint that is self gloss finish, isnt prone to blooming and can be mixed to any colour. I was thinking something like a coach enamel but Im sure this is quite prone to blooming?

TRYNKEEPUP

when painting i usually get garage nice and warm 1st to stop paint giving trouble. but a few years ago we did do some spraying in a cold garage and used two pack paint, got a lovley finish, not pro looking but it was a nice unblemished shiny finish.

Richie-Van-GTi

problem is with 2 pack, prep work as its very sensitive to its undercoat and also means messing with laquers to get gloss finish. Ive painted with it a few times. Also its hard to get near me due to the introduction of new legislations and water based paints.

TRYNKEEPUP

I dont have any trouble getting it near me (yet) good quailty, and good price could paint a whole car for £100 ! never had any problems with this paint myself. Always a 1st time i suppose

Richie-Van-GTi
I dont have any trouble getting it near me (yet) good quailty, and good price could paint a whole car for £100 ! never had any problems with this paint myself. Always a 1st time i suppose

I can get it still, just a mess about. True it is cheap to buy but factor in the prep and the laquer and extra materials/time etc. Hence why I dont want to go this route.

projectpug

If you use a 2k medium/high solids that will come out naturally shiny.