• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Andy F

Hi people

Just wanted to check something before i go shopping i am using an MI engine with a 1.9 BE3 box.

Am i right in thinking i can use a MI Flywheel and clutch?? then which starter do i need 205 or MI??

Thanks for the help

Anthony

1.9 Mi16 clutch plate/cover/bearing will work fine with the 1.9 8v box.

The 2.0 Mi16 clutch won't, so be careful - I find asking for a BX 16v clutch is the safest option to ensure that you don't get supplied the wrong parts as that was only ever available as a 1.9.

Any XU starter motor will fit and work, be it 205 8v, Mi16, diesels, or any of the late 1.8/2.0 slimline Valeo jobbies (these later ones being my prefered option)

welshpug

same here, asking for a BX 16v clutch will make matters far simpler.

One thing I have experienced though, the 205 8v large bodied starter wont fit an iron block Mi, dont know about the alloy though, quite probably that it would, but as Anthony mentioned, a later small bodies unit is preferable.

Andy F

Thanks for your help

Richie-Van-GTi

1993 - 1997 306 xsi 2.0 8v clutch :) , usually cheaper than the mi16, but same type of cover and plate etc. Just under a different part number. Also often cheaper and easier to get from motor factors etc.

Sign in to follow this