• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

[race_prep] 205 Mi16 From NZ

DrSarty

Can't get the vid link to work dude.

You seem happy, but I'm guessing there's more power (BHP) in another 300-500rpm. 140BHP ATW perhaps which at 25% drivetrain loss is a ~175BHP Mi16 engine.

The torque units/scale on the left have me baffled though. ;)

Apparently you have ~400Nm at about 6,000rpm, which is 295lbft of torque; but this is apparently at the wheels!! :ph34r:

My 2.2 16v Mi hydrid makes (266Nm) 196lbft and Tom Fenton's impressive 1.6 8v turbo makes (278Nm) 205lbft but AT THE FLY.

I'm sure it's just a scaling error, as the KW and BHP on the RHS seems correct.

DRTDVL

Ya the scaling is off... they did the run in 3rd gear and didn't correct for it... I'm going to be on the hunt soon for some solid lifters, adjustable cam gears, and a nice ecu so i can ditch the dizzy and afm.

it's the first time the cars been on a dyno so i was just looking for the A/F ratio really...

try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizaYP5gmeA

Edited by DRTDVL

DrSarty

As you probably know I think 7,500rpm is the commonly accepted limit of hydraulic lifters, so you only really need the solids if you're planning on pushing onwards to 8,000rpm+.

I just hope the rest of your internals are going to cope.

You've said about ditching the AFM and dizzy, but does that mean you're going to stay with the standard body throttle body and inlet?

DrSarty

Solid lifters IIRC are only needed beyond 7,500rpm.

You say you're ditching the AFM & dizzy; but are you sticking with the standard inlet and throttle body?

DRTDVL
As you probably know I think 7,500rpm is the commonly accepted limit of hydraulic lifters, so you only really need the solids if you're planning on pushing onwards to 8,000rpm+.

I just hope the rest of your internals are going to cope.

You've said about ditching the AFM and dizzy, but does that mean you're going to stay with the standard body throttle body and inlet?

No the eventual goal will be a full quad throttle bodies setup running efi. I'll be looking to shift to a much better setup for the manifold and throttle body in the meantime tho.

I'll be keeping the car for a long time, i'm going to be looking for a second engine to have as a project engine which will be the big money item.

I want to replace all of the shocks and springs, and look at getting some new torsion bars from Miles (if i remember correctly) some point, i've got my s16's anti-roll bar i'll cut down and re-spline for it also. I'll also need to replace some of the OE hoses and piping as it's getting old.

There is a extensive list of things i want to do the car, but the biggest ones have been getting it to a point i'm comfortable competing in bent springs and hillclimbs in, with roads like this who wouldn't want to be confident in the car:

DRTDVL

[

]

Finished 9th out 40. 3rd in class C

1st - 3rd in class where covered by .25 of a second

I was having gear selection problems where it wouldn't go into 3rd on the practice and the 3rd (final) timed runs of the day.

300413_280293345327160_203298629693299_978935_1153780072_n.jpg

FCW-Sainsbury-Rd0209-M.jpg

FCW-Sainsbury-Rd0210-M.jpg