• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
monty69

Is Swirl Pot Needed With Twin Carbs?

monty69

As above really, has anyone had experience of fuel starvation on track with twin 45s? Im planning the fuel setup at the mo and will eventually be running over 200hp with sticky tires. It a 1.6gti tank on g reg, will be using facet pump.

Kartman205
As above really, has anyone had experience of fuel starvation on track with twin 45s? Im planning the fuel setup at the mo and will eventually be running over 200hp with sticky tires. It a 1.6gti tank on g reg, will be using facet pump.

A fuel pressure regulator, like a Filter King, should be high on the list, it will work similar to a swirl pot but will have the advantage of maintaining an even pressure.

jplautomotive

just run the standerd pump and filter with one of these regulators clicky

thats all i did and that on track car been perfect , no need to mess around with a facet

jonny

Edited by jplautomotive

projectpug

Agree use twin regulators and keep a good 1/4 of a tank of fuel minimum and it should be ok.

Miles

Yes to your question really, very easy to set up on carb's too as there's no high pressure's to worry about.

Using the std pump is a bodge really and what happens when a Regulator fail's, Fuel all over the engine for a example and worst still a fire.

tri_longer

Do regulators fail frequently?

projectpug

I plan on renewing mine every year just seeing as their not too expensive.

Im not sure how long they last , anyone know?

MrG

Probably best to look at it as a serviceable item I suppose and replace them yearly?

monty69

Its currently got two regs under bonnet and standard injection pump. I will be moving the setup inside the car and using one facet pump and one regulator if needed to maintain 3psi. Last thing i want is a under bonnet fire. I didnt think about the regulator capacity as well as the two float chambers.

TRYNKEEPUP

Im using standard gti pump in tank, Was using one regulator with filter bowl always had trouble making a good seal on regulator so seeped a bit of petrol. now changed to regulator with no bowl. and in line filter. no trouble now.

mmt

Get rid of the original pump and get a carburettor low pressure pump.

I can run with as little as 2 L of petrol on such a setup! No swirl pot needed!

/Martin

johnnyp

i have still got the standerd pump running to the fuel filter but used a double bango one going to an ajustable regulator the other as a return back to the tank with a restrictor in the pipe.

car is used only and track and works fine it is a simple and easy way to set up

Johnny

Sign in to follow this