• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kartman205

Clutch Upgrade

Kartman205

Hi all, I`m after picking your brains again.

Is the diesel clutch any beefier than the standard 1.6 unit and will it fit the 1.6 flywheel?

As the diesel develops more torque I would imagine the pressure plate would be stronger.

Richie-Van-GTi

If you want a good upgrade the best option imho is to put an mi16 or 2.0 8v flywheel (many others available) and use an MI16 clutch. 15mm larger diameter :blush:

Kartman205
If you want a good upgrade the best option imho is to put an mi16 or 2.0 8v flywheel (many others available) and use an MI16 clutch. 15mm larger diameter ;)

Hi and thanks Richie, but we have to use original parts in Stock Hatch but can uprate, also the 1.6 flywheel is lighter than 1.9.

I`m building a new engine for this season after the last one expired at Snetterton, the standard original clutch was fine but if we can find a cheap upgrade all the better.

As mods are very limited, the engines don`t give massive power, although we do coax more out than they leave the factory with :) so there is no need for fancy ceramics etc.

Sign in to follow this