• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Ignition Amp

Kennyb

Hi guys

Ok i've gone through everything to my occasional misfire problem and now its time to change the ign amp. Now upon inspection I noticed the plug that clips into the bottom is broke and dont clip up properly....might be part of the problem.

Can anyone tell me whether the amp you can get comes with this bottom plug?

Cheers

Anthony
Can anyone tell me whether the amp you can get comes with this bottom plug?

You just get the ignition amp - the metal plate doesn't come with it, the heat transfer paste often isn't included, and it doesn't include the loom side connector either. You can buy the connector from someone like Vehicle Wiring Products cheaply though :wacko:

hexhamstu

wow wish i had seen this site last week, spent about 25 quid on wiring bits and bobs at a local motor factors, could have bought one of the kits from there for the same price. oh well you live and learn.

Kennyb

so you get just the amp and sod all else!? :-( If i buy a genuine bosch one..... I guess its then a trip to my local auto electrician to sort the rest :-( not to clued up on the plugs and electrical side of these parts

damo

sorry to jump in but my cti sometimes misfires, its at high revs over 5k. from reading this maybe the amp? also a bosch one is the best?

Kennyb

Yeah i've read bosch are a def.....aparently i've heard someone had a gsf part and it misfired throughout the range and was worse.......i dunno but better safe than sorry i'd say.....

As for your misfire problems.......have a look round your ignition system...change/clean the usual if not changed for a while...plugs, rotor arm etc etc.....then if still the same its time to go through things........get an amp if it dont solve it you know its defo not that and move to the next.......process of elimination thats how I solve annoying problems I cant see........ ;-)

MerlinGTI

Yup, I goy a HUGO one from GSF and it made the problem 10x worse, missfire right through the rev range all the way home (25 miles!). GSF also wouldnt take back the amp, unless they could send it off for testing which would take a month! Defo get a bosch one. They are about £70!!!

DamirGTI

Huco and Intermotor amps are crap , buy Bosch one or - try Magneti Marelli (they're rather expensive so better whip off a few spare ones from scrapyard) :

(C/P from one of my previous posts)

Regarding ignition amps just wish share this info - i'm getting much more punchy acceleration and better throttle response well dunno how to describe this but the engine seems a bit more lively with an "Magneti Marelli" ignition amps , i thought that i'm imaginate this , but believe me i've tried a lot of ignition amp brands and with various coil combinations , i even bought two of these Magneti Marelli MTR01 modules for testing and they really provide around 5%-10% better results compared to the Bosch ones or Ducellier , Valeo , Lucas etc. etc. - try Marelli amp if you find one at your local scrappy .. + it can handle a little bit more spark advance over the Bosch one ..

Damir ;)

Edited by DamirGTI

MerlinGTI

intresting DamirGTI ! Thanks ;)

Sign in to follow this