• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest rich205

Loss Of Power Under Part Throttle.

Guest rich205

Evening Chaps,

As above really, wondered if anyone else has had anything like it? First noticed the problem at a track day at Cadwell the other week and assumed it to be fuel surge as was running a bit low. However it seems to come on in virtually any situation now when under part throttle, just a total loss of power, and/ or, stuttering. But, as soon as full throttle is applied, the problem disappears and the engine pulls well. As you can imagine this doesn't make for smooth or safe driving.

As it seems to be fully dependent on throttle position, I would assume it to be a fault with the throttle position sensor. Does anyone have any other suggestions, before I order a new one?

By the way the car is a 1988 1.9 gti

Cheers, Rich

timmsy19

sounds a little like mine was a while back that seems to have developed into the problem i have now

Guest turbo_jay
sounds a little like mine was a while back that seems to have developed into the problem i have now

hy there tim.

what problem is that ????

timmsy19

its a couple of topics down. ignition amp problem im told

Edited by timmsy19

Guest rich205

Well it finally cut out today and will not re-start. It does sound like we have the same problem Tim. Cheers for the comments, wouldn't have thought to check the ignition amp!

Rich

Sign in to follow this