• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rubyna

Ht Cables

rubyna

Today when checking under the bonnet and fillng washer bottle noticed a slice in the rubber bung that sits on top ov the plug

lead im running Magnecor kv85 competition leads,it hasnt affected performance or anything yet, just wondering if it will be O.K. like

this or will i have to get a new set, i have a set of standard 7mm 1s from motaquip thats only had 3mths use but they are a different thickness will it

make a difference if i just change the 1? or has anybody on here got a spare one i can buy i know its a bit poncey :rolleyes: but it will look a bit odd with

1 black lead and the rest red. Thanks Luke

large

You could paint the black lead red :rolleyes::) . If you are not having a problem you may be o.k. but to be on the safe side keep the black one in the boot.

pug_ham

A split rubber boot won't (or shouldn't) make any difference to your car running.

I assume the split is on the dizzy cap, if so which position is the lead in & has your dizzy got the male or female cap ends?

If it starts to misfire occasionally then I'd check this lead first incase the split has become worse & the lead is arcing but otherwise it'll be fine imo.

Graham.

rubyna

No its the rubber bung attatched to the sparkplug? does that make any diff? Luke

welshpug

not much, I wouldn't worry about it unless you use your car for rallying where there's often a chance of water splashes drowning the plugs if they're not sealed.

kilauea
No its the rubber bung attatched to the sparkplug? does that make any diff? Luke

I'd be tempted to tape it up and smear some vas on it, just to stop any moisture getting in (condensation etc).

Sign in to follow this