• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Mi16 Under Fueling?

timmsy19

Hi all.

Bit confused by this one...

Came out from work today started the car and it fired first time. Drove 3 or 4 miles from work to home and all has been fine untill i got to the dual carriage way only to find that i had a few major flat spots which only happened around 3k but then soon eased off under a heavy right foot

Anyhow got home parked up and let the car idle for a few minutes. was ok untill i gave it a few revs and then it dipped and cut out. So i started it up again revs went upto about 2k then diped and cut out.

Started it again with foot to the floor, it started but wouldnt rev past 2k and kept dipping down. Foot off the pedal and cut out again

anyone have any ideas? is this just the cold weather?

dcc

sounds like your ignition amp might be a bit upset with the weather. if you have a spare, try that and hopefully it will help.

timmsy19

hmm dont have a spare unfortunatly. wd40 it?

jengis

second that.

If not the amp it still sounds like an ignition fault of some sort so start eliminating things one by one.

Rom

Id start with amp too. Before you start getting too involved with anything :rolleyes:

Amps can cause the problems youve listed.

jengis
hmm dont have a spare unfortunatly. wd40 it?

Doubt its a moisture problem so would'nt think it would help if the amp is weak.

Rom

Triple post for 24 !!

Cleaning it up probably wont do anything. Its more likely the amp itself is faulty. Rather than has a bad connection etc.

Theres a few threads on amp makes. Some good some bad. Im not 100% but i think Intermoto are not great ? Bosch are the good ones i think ?

taylorspug

Ive got a spare Bosch amp if you want to borrow it mate. :rolleyes:

timmsy19

thanks all. so if its the igition amp it might also cure my 3 clicks before it starts sometimes?

Ive got a spare Bosch amp if you want to borrow it mate. :rolleyes:

Yeah tht would be good Dan. i'll pop up tomorrow after work if that ok? i'll give you a buz when i leave work mate :wacko:

Edited by timmsy19

taylorspug

No troubles mate, just give me a call or text to confirm. :rolleyes:

nick

I'd also check the connections on the AFM, sounds like mine when I forgot to plug it back in.

Nick

timmsy19
I'd also check the connections on the AFM, sounds like mine when I forgot to plug it back in.

Nick

it does definatley feel like its choking for air or fuel

kyepan

If the ignition amplifier doesn't fix it, it probably will, and you have not got an air leak somewhere.

If you disconnect the afm whilst it's running and it's no different you'll know it's AFM related.

You can also use the caps program on the sticky at the top of this section to "Backprobe" the resistance values of the AFM (which is essentially a big carbon variable resistor) there are also methods to refresh the afm if it's out via the re-tracking method.

cheers

J

timmsy19

right i picked up a new ignition amp today. although im thinking somthing else is very wrong...

anyhow got home after work. fitted this new part only to find out the old one was a 6 Pin module the new one is a 7 pin module but the lead that it plugs into is only a 5

whats this all about??

have the parts place made a mistake and given me the wrong one or is it actually going to make any difference

Sign in to follow this