• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chalky143

Random Idea, Would This Work?

chalky143

as some of you may know i have a 205 gti auto and want to change it to manual and im brainstorming the easyist conversion. My friends is quite knowlagable on things and he suggested...... fit a mi16 head, skim it to give the extra compression the 205 auto engine is missing then fit that to mine and stick a diesel gearbox from a 406 in...he sed the deisel gearbox cuz it would be really cheap and tough. would this all fit or work for that matter?

thankyou

leon

Goliath

Why not buy a 205 GTI rather then Destroy another Gentry? would be alot easier too!

GLPoomobile

Yeah, your friend sounds really knowledgeable............just not on 205s :rolleyes:

Saveit
Yeah, your friend sounds really knowledgeable............just not on 205s :blush:

Agreed :rolleyes:

hexhamstu

comepletely useless replies from these idiots, use a 1.9 gbox or mi16 gbox as these will have better suited ratios. dont know about fitting the mi16 head.

ps gentrys are crap who cares about destroying them :)

vickiw106
fit a mi16 head, skim it to give the extra compression

thankyou

leon

this wont be enough you will have to fit forged pistons to increase the cr

dcc

you also need to fit another tensioner to the block to accomodate the mi16. there are a few threads on this, i think the latest was by welshpug.

to get it all right and ready to go, your looking at a few days with the engine out and stripped. personally, for the sake of cost, i would buy a mi16 complete, and do the conversion properly

chalky143

Right after much reserch on the hole matter of engine conversions, my dad has decided to put his foot down and say no to an engine swop. I have to keep it as a gentry...after searching on here, the autobox can take the power of a standard 1.9gti. Is it alot of work changing the head to a 1.9gti head (130bhp) and cams? what would need to be moddified in order to complete this?

thankyou

leon

large

I would keep it as a gentry build up your n.c.b then sell it and get a GTi.If you are thinking that you would like a project keeping any 205 on the road is a project.

Moz_Goodwood

autos are sh!te anyway, they're for the old and the lazy

somethings that be bugging me for a while, why are they called gentry's?

BackStreetRacecars

is gentry not a different model and the auto gtis were just low comp. cat model gtis with an auto 'box destined for japan or something??

Batfink

having owned a gentry i'd say not to bother with the conversion. Take the nice leather seats and stick them in a gti, its not that good a car to be worth keeping.

If its a GTI auto then fair game.

johno_78

Does the Gentry have the same subframe and wishbone suspension as a Gti, or does it use the base model setup?

chalky143

mines a gti auto...it has the gti body kit, suspension etc etc.

leon

dcc

doesnt the gentry use the 1.6 suspension setup inc hubs, driveshafts and wishbones? (i think this is right as im sure ive read it here somewhere)

Sign in to follow this