• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Exhaust To Suit Gti6

djinuk

I currently have on my 1.9 8v engine a 4 brand magnex manifold , plus magnex centre box and magnex backbox. obviosuly the magnex 4 branch is of no use to me, however if i mate the standard 8v downpipe onto the rest of my magnex system and then fitt that to the gti6 manifold with a fitting kit, with this bore of this be sufficiant for the gti6 engine to breath.

djinuk

simple and straight to the point, i hope it is as simple as that sound then :rolleyes: nice 1

taylorspug

But obviously you will have to cut and weld the std downpipe to get it to fit the '6 manifold, as it will be too long. :rolleyes:

Miles

I'd get another exhaust in there, the Magnex is restricting and was designed when the phase 1 205's where around with the 1 1/2" bore.

djinuk

ah ok, ermm is there any particular eghausts that are recomened for use with the gti6, im guessing the 8v downpipe is fine to use though. Im not really clued up on the diffrent systems for the 205's as i simply brought my magnex and stuck with that.

taylorspug

Std phase 2 exhaust works very well. Its 2 piece so the downpipe comes in one piece with the centre section and then the backbox is seperate. Its also the largest variant of 205 exhaust bore-wise. Or at least it is with Bosal made ones.

maxi

Ive been usuing Bosal 89 onwards exhausts for years and swear by them. I particularly like them as the downpipe dosent have the silly central divide. As has been said, the downpipe will need shortening and angling to mate to the 6 manifold.

Maxi

kate205gti

yup i used a gti downpipe and just hacked it to fit :rolleyes: my magnex was fine on the mi16, but im using an ashley system on the gti6 and thats plenty of power :blush:

oli-pug

Is the Ashley system ok for trackdays Kate?

Do you know the size of the bore?

Edited by oli-pug

djinuk

so the magnex system on my 205 is going to be around 1 1/2 bore, what kind of bore does the system for the gti6 have to be then ? does the actualy shape of the 306 gti eghaust systems follow the underpan of the 205 the same then .

Miles

At least 2" as the later 205 system is, Thats why when fitting most aftermarket system's you gain nothing or loose as most are 1 1/2" and not 2" OK with 125bhp but not 160+, The 306 system again is 2" and the Magnex on the 306 I think is 2 1/4" thou the down pipe is only 2"

djinuk

ok then, all makes perfect sence now :), is the downpipe on a phase 1.5 on a pug 1.9 going to be 2"

GLPoomobile

I'd check the bore on that Magnex first of all. It was a good few years back now, but when I had my full system (including the manifold) I remember the pipework being pretty large, so it just doesn't sound right to me that it's only 1.5" bore! I can see how that may be the case with their systems that go from the downpipe back, but with the full system including manifold they'd have no reason to stick to the original Ph1 bore.

djinuk

true, i thought my system was quite large, i will get it measured up.

oli-pug

My magnex system is definitely 2 inch bore which was also from the 4-1 manifold kit.

djinuk

sweet , well i cant measure it at the moment , but its sound good as id really like to use the same system on my gti6

gti_al
At least 2" as the later 205 system is, Thats why when fitting most aftermarket system's you gain nothing or loose as most are 1 1/2" and not 2" OK with 125bhp but not 160+, The 306 system again is 2" and the Magnex on the 306 I think is 2 1/4" thou the down pipe is only 2"

On peter t's recommendation, i went with a 2.25'' pipe on my mi16... With a cat and devil back muffler it isn't too loud, but is very deep. The car is definately happier now, but it isn't a good comparison as the old system was rubbish.

It sounds like overkill seeing what people are using on here, but it sounds good and hasn't lost anything. It made sense to me as apparently it is what the 405mi16 comes with standard. As i said, probably overkill, but it works.

welshpug

I've got 2.25" diameter stainless system from the end of a standard Phase 2 downpipe on my 205, works very well :)

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this