• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davepug205

Engine Stand

davepug205

Hi everyone,

What are your thoughts on a 350kg engine stand holding a built up XU? As theres quite a difference in price when you go for a heavy duty one.

Cheers Dave

welshpug

well an alloy XU built up is 100 odd kilos, an iron one 160 odd from memory, so a 350 kilo stand will be more than strong enough

davepug205
well an alloy XU built up is 100 odd kilos, an iron one 160 odd from memory, so a 350 kilo stand will be more than strong enough

Cheers Welshpug I didnt know if they would be cheap and flimsy,as theres alot of 550kg ones about :blush:

Dave

Edited by davepug205

philfingers

I got mine from http://www.jawel.co.uk/specialoffers.htm (it's the 1000lb one under lifting equipment) and it's fine for £25. Had an Mi alloy block on it and it's perfect. I think as it's 4 castor one it's more stable than a 3 castor one

matty_gti

Ive been using a 350 odd kilo one from machine mart with no problems and that had my TT engine on it for a while. :)

Baz

Mine's a cheap sealey one and holds a heavy Cosworth BOA V6 fine.