• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davepug205

Measuring Crank Size?

davepug205

Hi everyone happy new year!!!

To start my new project Im looking for a crank but unsure how their measured ie 92mm / 96mm etc

Be aware :lol: there will be plenty of stupid questions to follow as Im new to changing stroke an bore etc :blush:

Ive read abit about which cranks from what, but I might end up buying of the shelf or having one posted. So any help would be great. :D

P.S I am not taking a Dremel to anything!! Im collecting parts to take to someone who knows what their doing :lol:

Cheers

Dave

Edited by davepug205

Cameron

Do you mean how do you measure the stroke?

davepug205

I mean if I buy a crank wanting a 96mm from a 2.2 dw 0r ew is there anyway of checking this is the right size and not 92 or something else :)

Cheers

dave

B1ack_Mi16
I mean if I buy a crank wanting a 96mm from a 2.2 dw 0r ew is there anyway of checking this is the right size and not 92 or something else :)

Cheers

dave

Just measure the radius... :)

Use something as reference and measure first distance between crank centerline, then measure to rod centerline.

Should be pretty obvious. Distance from centerline till center of rod-journal is half the stroke.

davepug205
Just measure the radius... :)

Use something as reference and measure first distance between crank centerline, then measure to rod centerline.

Should be pretty obvious. Distance from centerline till center of rod-journal is half the stroke.

Cheers Black_Mi16 Im on the lookout for one now :)

Dave