• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamP

Gti Radiator On Tu3s

AdamP

I've got the cooling system drained at the moment while i remove the heater, so prompted by a comment on a previous thread that the lack of a heater may reduce the cooling capabilities i decided to have a look at fitting the GTi radiator and surround i have gathering dust in the garage.

However.....

PICT00024.jpg

ERROR: Radiator alternator connection failure!

I could dump the alternator, which would be fine for hillclimbs/sprints but may be stretching it a bit for track days! Has anyone come up with a better method?

Ryan

Can you not tilt the alternator on it's mount and use a different length belt? You only need a few millimetres of space to stop them hitting each other.

AdamP
Can you not tilt the alternator on it's mount and use a different length belt? You only need a few millimetres of space to stop them hitting each other.

I looked at adjusting the alternator but didn't think it would gain me enough. Put the slam panel back on this evening and it appears that i only need around 15mm so i'll have a look at that in the morning.

Rob Turbo

What about tilting the top of the radiator forward like some people do with the mi conversion?

bren_1.3

106 alternator is a slimmer item than the 205 one. should provide you with the clearance you need.

EDIT: uses same belt and same mount.

Edited by bren_1.3

AdamP
106 alternator is a slimmer item than the 205 one. should provide you with the clearance you need.

EDIT: uses same belt and same mount.

Top tip of the day!

Will look into it, cheers.