• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ethos

Mi16 Air Filter

Ethos

Hi chaps

Could someone link me to a replacement air filter for the mi16... the k&n on it at the moment is fairly battered and filthy!

Was going to drop it into a garage to get the idle mixture sorted as well so makes sense to get a new filter on there before I guess.

This is the bad boy on their at the moment; (...and I still need to find a solution for the water bottle before MOT!).

2.jpg

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Ethos

Baz

Same as a 205 gti one or a 405mi16 one obviously! Just another K&N or a Green cotton type etc. :rolleyes:

Ethos

Hmm, green filter do the "P10" for Mi16 2wd and 4wd '88-'92 £58 though + p&p.

Seems pretty expensive!

welshpug

sounds pretty cheap to me! the K&N filters for the 205 retail at more than that for the kits.

the main advantage of the green kits is the shorter top hat adapter that I think come with the kits, checking the fitting destructions will confirm (most kits have the instructions online on the green website) you may just have enough space to fit the washer bottle back in its place.

Rom

post-7946-1230230323_thumb.jpg

Thats what i use, a Green Powerflow. Just a filter i ordered through size etc, not listed for a car in particular. Its a pretty tight fit.

Just check the power ratings, as some i looked at were only rated to 150 etc.

As said, Greens have a rubber neck,which means theres less neck, which providing you get the right size, goes straight on to the AFM.

pacey205

Easiest way I found is to mount your AFM up and measure the space youve got left (i.e. neck size, width, height, length etc). Then look through the green catalogue and order a non-car specific filter that is the right size and power rating. This is what I did and it was cheaper than buying a '205 GTI' specific filter and it fits in the space I have perfectly.

HTH

Michael

Edited by pacey205

munster

What diameter filter does the Mi take? (AFM connection)

I can get an 80mm inside diameter k&n, from guy at work. He never fitted it to his TT :o

hexhamstu

ive got a spare top hat adapter thingy for sale if you want it, £7.50 posted, then you could fit any filter of the right diameter to that. instead of paying £££ for a filter kit.

Sign in to follow this