• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Foltan

Died And Won't Start - Help!

Foltan

This is a very confusing problem. Firstly i should point out that it is a 1.4 but its a single-point injection so hopefully similar to the GTi and similar in its problems!

Its been fussy for a while now, mainly when cold, it jerks occasionally as if it wants to cut out and i solve it by revving lots to keep it spinning. After a bit of driving its mainly fine but it'll jerk very slightly while accelerating at higher speeds.

Also it sometimes cuts out completely and makes a wierd electrical spinning/clicking sound (which almost sounds inside the car) but then you can usually get it going again. However, it has now done this and died completely.

I initially thought it was an electrical fault but now i wonder if it is to do with the fuel pumping system? My main reason for this is because normally when i turn on the ignition it makes a quite whirring sound for a moment, which i presume to be the fuel system, but this sound has now been replaced but this new clicking sound.

It would also fit with the other jerking syptoms etc and the fact that it sort of wants to start but wont, as if it were out of fuel!

Please help :) its christmas and i want to be able to drive my car home, not leave it in a pub car park in another county!!

Ian

CosKev

Easy to check if its fuel pump,take a fuel pipe off under bonnet and turn key :)

Foltan

Ok thanks

Sign in to follow this