• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hodgy

Gti6 Manifold Angle

magic
LOL!!!!!!

Dr sarty show me this tread here, when we was visiting me here in Brisbane, I don’t read or post to much on this forum .

Maybe Same guys can use my GTI6 build on aussifrogs maybe as a installation guide .

Hurts to see how same guys butch the 205 chassis to fit a gti6 in

I remember 10 years ago was a cd on ebay Germany "how to install a mi16 in a 205", as far I know he sold a lot of it ..maybe I should do the same :P:lol:

best regards Magic

welshpug

Nice to hear from you Magic, I certainly think that sharing some of your ideas would be a wonderful idea, I have seen some of the fantastic conversions you have carried out on the Aussiefrogs website! :P

M@tt

so Magic from reading your thread is your solution for GTI6 conversions an angling plate between the head and the exhaust manifold?

Edited by M@tt

magic
so Magic from reading your thread is your solution for GTI6 conversions an angling plate between the head and the exhaust manifold?

You didn’t read it

I lowered the engine and gearbox and modify the sup frame a bit

have a loock here

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=magic

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58366

best regards and a Happy new year to all Magic

Edited by magic

Bas
I'm really not sure. The plates I have done have been to fit GTi6 pipes to an Mi16 head, on an iron block. In this case, 15 degrees. That puts the collector right in the middle of the tunnel. However, if you have a GTi6 head the angle maybe less. If you're handy with a welder, tack it at 10 deg. and do a test fit. My 1.9L Mi16 plates are 6 degrees.

Hello Peter,

Finally meet you on paper. :blush:

I (shameless) copied your idea of your wedge plate.

It took a friend of mine (who works in a machine shop) 3 times to get the angle right.

He uses the same plate for his 309 mi 16 --> 309 Gti 6 conversion.

It fits like a dream. Used the angle plates for the nuts and the loctite paste.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

DSCN3281.jpg

DSCN3868.jpg

DSCN3282.jpg

petert

I can start making XU10J4R/RS to GTi6 exhaust header angle plates if there's enough interest.

jackherer
I can start making XU10J4R/RS to GTi6 exhaust header angle plates if there's enough interest.

I'll take one.

djinuk

i would also take one, dependant on price, would have to be quite soon though, failing that ill simply cut the manifold and reangle it.

magic

then you still need to think about the MC clearance ..

my system cost less then 150 $

with out any dramas

[L'e$kro]

I would take one, but I need it NOW!

It don't have any Mastervac clerance issues, with my LHD 205 :rolleyes:

Nicolas

Bas

HELLO PeterT,

Why are you not responding to my thread?

I do not want to steal your ideas! ( Yes I did already BUT I do not want 2 make money out of it)

Greetings

Bas

welshpug

do bear in mind that PeterT and Magic are on the other side of the world and will probably be in bed about now!

Bas
do bear in mind that PeterT and Magic are on the other side of the world and will probably be in bed about now!

Yes, Yes, I know I was only a bit disappointed that PeterT ignored my thread.

He made 205 RFS exhaust so easy for me...

I would like him to respond...

taylorspug
You didn’t read it

I lowered the engine and gearbox and modify the sup frame a bit

have a loock here

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=magic

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58366

best regards and a Happy new year to all Magic

The point a couple of us are making is we have had problems with lowering the engine, particularly with driveshaft angle and the sump being too low for our wonderful British roads. Its not a rumour we are making up, its fact based on experience. Certainly my sump has a few scrape marks on it and thats with the engine at the standard height, and Maxi had huge problems with driveshafts on his lowered engine, hence why he reangles the manifold now. So while that solution may work well for you, its not ideal for everyone.

Miles

Just to confirm what's been said above even with the std Mi16 engine fitted the sump get's scraped from time to time abit only lightly but I've know them to crack sump's more than once so lowering it any more is asking for trouble with circuit kerb's and UK road's

maxi

Lowering in theory is a very good idea but it just dosent work for us. Ive bottomed out the sump no end of times on our roads and as Dan said above, I snapped 2 driveshafts with the engine lowered. Maybe driveshafts wouldnt be too much of a problem if the car was std ride height but lets face it, most 205's are lowered quite a lot.

It is all down to what works for the individual but in my experience and what works for me is to reangle the manifold.

Maxi

petert
HELLO PeterT,

Why are you not responding to my thread?

Which thread? Did I miss something? It's impossible to keep track of every thread written on this forum. Sorry.

Bas
Which thread? Did I miss something? It's impossible to keep track of every thread written on this forum. Sorry.

I meant reply/remark.

Get the impression you do not like me copying your wedge plate...

magic
I meant reply/remark.

hi Bas

i don’t think you copy anything, i fitted a angel plate on a s16 head with a gti6 manifold nearly 2 years ago

1217148208.jpg

1217148149.jpg

petert
I meant reply/remark.

No hard feelings at all! I think it's great you've made one. I just don't have time to read everything on this forum. You probably appreciate the work that goes into making one! As Magic said, they've been around for some time. I got the idea from a friend who made a prototype about 8 years ago. I just refined it.

Retro Pug

I'd be very interested in one.

Bas
No hard feelings at all! I think it's great you've made one. I just don't have time to read everything on this forum. You probably appreciate the work that goes into making one! As Magic said, they've been around for some time. I got the idea from a friend who made a prototype about 8 years ago. I just refined it.

Ok, "no worries mate" "she'll be apples" as I have learned from some aussie workers at my shop. :)

hodgy

well ive finally got the engine in.only taken 7months to do :lol:

just got wiring to do and mot and tax

Sign in to follow this