• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
de Noir

Tailgate Harness

de Noir

Recently figured out bodyshop lost my rear hatch wiring while working on my shell 2 yrs ago. :D

It's 91 ph2 car, with boot central locking and Valeo wiper motor with "gearbox" (see pic).

At first I thought harness would be easy to source from scrappy, especially as servicebox told me there is only one type until MY1994.

Apparently, that was not the case! :ph34r:

Got myself two looms, one from a ph1 and other of unknown car, both are different and both do not suit.

Now, stashed with enough "kabelsalat" I thought of re-creating tailgate harness myself. Unfortunately, got limited knowlege here. :blush: These are the facts known to me:

"Car" side:

- red, yellow and white 2-pin connectors.

- figured out that white should be for central locking

Tailgate:

- central locking solenoid (I guess this is solved, via mentioned white 2-pin connector)

- wiper motor (see pic, "gearbox" type, single pin connector via green relay, separate earth outlet)

- rear window heater (single pin connector, black)

- boot light ball-type switch (forgot to check whether it's single or double pin! :) )

th__PC180002.jpg

Further, my wiper motor is dead so got myself another one, apparently older "levers-and-bars" type. It has no connector on the motor, but two wires (white and light brown or something like that) routed directly from the relay housing towards the "car" side, ending with the brown 2-pin connector, and it has also an earth outlet on the same position as my dead motor.

What does this the extra wire (compared to wiper motor on pic) do here?

I'm stuck because I have no idea which pin on the "car" side does what! :ph34r:

What needs to be connected with what?

Need to solve this but don't know how. Please help! Thanks! :)

Edited by MH_

Super Josh
- boot light ball-type switch (forgot to check whether it's single or double pin! :) )

They are single pin and are 'Earthed' through the mounting ring :D

Does the 'Haynes' not have a decent wiring diagram for the hatch connections?

Josh

de Noir

Sort of... Haynes wiring diagram #12-22 covering wash/wipe and rear heated window should be of some help...

Unfortunately I'm just plain stupido for this, can not read electrical symbols and understand what does it say! :unsure:

Edited by MH_

NeilGTi85

I've just had a tailgate stipped and painted and have all the bits you require.

Its a ph2 with the cl, give me a pm if your intrested.

Neil :unsure:

Sign in to follow this