• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
marksorrento205

Imagination Required

marksorrento205

Im after a way of clamping my stainless braided hoses to my rear beam. Im looking after a solid way of mounting them. I not sure I just want to cable tie the pipes on, I dont want to drill and fix a cable tie mount and a stick on type mount will just fall off in no time. Any ideas would be helpfull thanks

Tom Fenton

On my track car the braided lines come through the rear seat base area and are then clipped up underneath the car, they only attach to the beam on the trailing arms on the way to the calipers.

t16ryan

Are you running your pipes inside the car? This is how i fone mine :

EBAYWHEELS008.jpg

EBAYWHEELS007.jpg

marksorrento205

Cheers tom thats an idea.

t16ryan

The pipes will be running inside the car. I got some 6.5mm clips to clip the pipe up it was on the beam its self.

Rom

Im looking into getting stainless braided hose for the complete car. Was wondering if theres any flex (bulge if you like) compared to copper ?

And what effect if any is noticable ?

I know braided flexis are ok, but there replacing rubber, which would bulge even more.

andychalmers

Braid does'nt flex, run 1 line to the rear & "T" off in between the part in the pic where it goes out the car. 1 cable tie to the beam & around onto the trailing arm then another cable tie. Just be sure to make sure you dont make them to short as the suspension goes up quite a bit when hitting bumps so you dont want them snapping. If your running braided lines dont forget you'll need a brake bias depending what brake setup you have. If your using 1.6 or 1.9 rear brakes then you'll need a bias as the standard copper hoses have a brake bias inline. If you dont use 1 your back end will lock up big time.

Sign in to follow this