• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rom

How To Identify A 309 Gti Beam

Rom

Evening,

Ive had a search, but not found much that answers my questions.

Basically im on the lookout for a 309 Gti beam, but want to know what diameter the torsion bars and arb should be. And anything else to help me easily identify thats its a Gti beam.

I found a thread that menttioned the width / track, but cant find it now :(

Cheers for the help

Baz

20mm ARB & TB's, that's the easiest way to tell, & they're generally black tube with red bars rather than red/yellow like 205's, although not always consistant. Or measure it!

Rupertfinch

Baz has one in the 'For Sale' section.

Anthony

As said, 20mm torsion bars and 20mm anti-roll bar. All 309 GTi beams have disk braked arms. Wider than a 205 beam obviously, although looks fundemtnally the same. Front beam mounts will be offset the other way to a 205 beam. No fuel tank strap clamp on the top.

they're generally black tube with red bars rather than red/yellow like 205's, although not always consistant. Or measure it!

They come with both yellow and black tubes. 309 TB's are red, although sometimes you'll not see under all the grime, whereas 205 GTi TB's are almost always rusty brown all over.

Rom

Thanks for the replies guys.

Im just after a cheap one as i have most of the parts i need from my last build. Plus want the extra experiance of building another :)

Found someone braking one, just want to know the specs so i can tell as soon as it arrives. Although obviously the arms should give it away..you never know :ph34r:

Edited by Rom

Sign in to follow this