• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamiej

Dash Light Issues...

jamiej

Heya

Driving back from Uni today and all was going fine, got near home and didnt see a HUGE puddle. went through it and the car started to stutter a bit, but i thought that was understandable, maybe some water in/around the dizzy, but that problem stopped as i drove on ...

Parked up at home and then needed to pop out, turned the lights on BUT THE DASH LIGHTS WONT COME ON !

All the other lights work, everything, the heater controls, all the dah warning lights, but the actual dash illumination lights dont work.

So, my question to you guys is, is there an indepandant fuse for the dash illumination (surely not ?), failing that, where can i start looking !

any thoughts/opinions very much appreciated.

Also, if it turns out the bulbs have gone for the dash is there any recommended upgrades that it would be worth carrying out whilst changing the bulbs.

Thanks

Jamie

steve@cornwall
Heya

Driving back from Uni today and all was going fine, got near home and didnt see a HUGE puddle. went through it and the car started to stutter a bit, but i thought that was understandable, maybe some water in/around the dizzy, but that problem stopped as i drove on ...

Parked up at home and then needed to pop out, turned the lights on BUT THE DASH LIGHTS WONT COME ON !

All the other lights work, everything, the heater controls, all the dah warning lights, but the actual dash illumination lights dont work.

So, my question to you guys is, is there an indepandant fuse for the dash illumination (surely not ?), failing that, where can i start looking !

any thoughts/opinions very much appreciated.

Also, if it turns out the bulbs have gone for the dash is there any recommended upgrades that it would be worth carrying out whilst changing the bulbs.

Thanks

Jamie

First place I'd look is the dash light dimmer under the steering sgrouds- check one of the wires hasn't come loose- and if the lights come on with the two wires connected straight together. Do your front sidelights work? IIRC this is the same fuse for both. Also the dim / dip resistor (aluminium "can" ) under n/s headlight may have got soaked through - although I'm not sure this would affect the dash lights I think it may be on the same circuit?

jamiej

Thanks Steve,

Ive checked the sidelights and they work (annoyingly) its not the fuse .... which is annoying. The dimmer switch works as i can see it dimming the heat controls when i move it. I will check the metal canister tomoro when its lighters and (hopefully) not raining. Im almost 100% sure this problem is due to the water issue, the front of the car was soaked, for a bit the indicators didnt work but they are working now ! very odd.

Any more suggestions/opinions/comments as always welcome

fuse 13 is not blown by the way fellas.

Cheers Jamie

dirtdog

Pop your bonnet, and douse everything electrical with WD40. If that's not working then start the car up and let it warm up. Sorry if you've already tried this, it's the only simple idea I can think of

jamiej

given it all a good spray and its been left to dry overnight ... still no luck ... any more ideas any one ?!?

Jamie

Alfie
given it all a good spray and its been left to dry overnight ... still no luck ... any more ideas any one ?!?

Jamie

Check out any of them bloody brown connection blocks that you can find on the circuit. I've just spent ages tryin' to find out why my rear fog din't work......... I checked the one on the rear of the lamp next after checking the fuse, and it turned out to be the bugger on the lamp after all!!!! Got some spades on now, surrounded in petroleum jelly and works fine now.

The electrics on Peugeots are definately its achilles heel, me thinks :blush:

jamiej

This morning, took the car for a drive and low and behold the dash lights are now working,

I will never understand this car !!

cheers for your help.

Jamie

Foltan

But this is why i love it!! I spend ages trying to fix something, go away p1ssed off and when i come back it's fixed itself :)

Sign in to follow this