• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EdCherry

Master Switch Install

EdCherry

Ok, just about to place an order with VWP and might as well get everything at once to save on postage costs later. Trying to figure out the relay side of this diagram, what cables I will need for it, how long, and what connectors.

Picture16.png

My understanding is -

Some 15 Amp cable for the Resistor pole, but where should I earth too? The Steering Column?

For the main feed pole I need to know what rating cable I should use, I assume it would be ok to crimp it in with the starter and main loom cables? (The big buggers)

Ignition pole - would this be a take off from the 4 ignition wires? what should I use, what should I do?

Coil pole - same as above really, what should I use/do?

Thanks, Ed.

large

The earth on the stearing colum will be fine. 8 guage cable is on the car but 4 guage would be better, crimping is fine. I think all you are doing with the No2 contact is breaking the live feed to the coil so you could cut into it at any point.

mrswampy

I have about 4.5 metres of 135amp oil,acid and petrol resistant power cable here i could do with selling

philfingers

you don't need the resistor. The alternator will dump the current in the moments after the engine is killed until it stops rotating through ecu, lights, brake lights etc. I've not had a problem running a std ish pug without the resistor.

Spiky

i run 300amp cable from VWP and i run the resister.

all work fine and kills the engine when i turn th key,

the key kills my ignition relay :D

Sign in to follow this