• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

206 1.1 8v Problems.

ORB

ok, so a colleague of mine at work asks me can I have a look at his girlfriends car for him as he thinks it has a few problems.

Anyway, I get the car dropped off and have a look at it. Head G has gone at the left hand side, oil way.

While I am at it, I may as well service it and stick a new belt and pump on it for him.

No problem.

Striped it all down, cleaned it all up and put it all back together.

I managed to lose my timing marks that i tip-exed on to the top and bottom pulley.

I tried to time it up from removing plug one and finding tdc, but no dice.

I think I can get it near, but not nailed on, I get the car to start and run easily, but when you set off and get to about 2500 rpm it goes flat and stutters badly untill about 5k then it goes ok again.

What I am asking, is anyone know how to time this thing up as I want to give the car back and get it out of my hair !!

It is a W plate 1.1 206 petrol.

Thanks guys, I really could use the help here.

welshpug

why didn't you pin it all up intead of using tippex?

ORB

As far as I could see, there was nowhere to pin the crank pully (i did pin the cam though)

welshpug

flywheel!

ORB

No I know, but, can you help me get it timed up again?

welshpug

yup, stick a 6mm rod in the hole on the front face of the block by the flywheel, an a 10mm one in the cam pulley.

ORB

I can find 2 holes there, a big one and a smaller threaded one, this one is 6mm.

Should there be a hole that it lines up with as I can find a machined grove in the back of the flywheel when I put my finger through the bigger of the hole, am I correct that I need to line this up with the smaller hole?

ORB

any more help please chaps?

Mikey S
any more help please chaps?

if you push the pin against the flywheel through the small hole then get someone to turn the engine over it will go into the flywheel easy enough. then as welshpug says use a 10mm bolt to lock the cam up.

ORB

I am sruggling to find the whole through the big hole, let alone the small one!!

:)

Mikey S
I am sruggling to find the whole through the big hole, let alone the small one!!

:)

im sure the 6mm hole wont line up where the big hole is. trust me, theres definately a 6mm hole drilled in the flywheel.

welshpug

yup, definitely a 6mm non threaded one on the front face of the block into the flywheel.

shame the XU engines don't have this, diesels have an 8mm one though.

Mikey S

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

taken from the haynes.

Sign in to follow this