• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Wide Track On Tu Options?

johnnyboy666

right i have confused myself in the wanted section so i thought i'd better start a new thread to try and clear my ideas up a little.

basically im trying to find out how to get (quite a lot of) extra track on the front of my roland garros and a little negative camber also.

so basically i need to know what of the following is possible and what i will need to make them work....

309 wishbones (i think i need 309 shafts also but will any fit the ma box?)

205 1.6gti front hubs ( but im guessing i'll need gti shafts due the number of splines?)

any help or suggestions welcomed as usual

john

EdCherry

309 Shafts will not fit the MA box.

Think you might have to go for something like adjustable bones and such. Might be worth looking over on the rallye register as im sure a few of these boys will have done it.

johnnyboy666

i was thinking a little cheaper than adjustable bones lol. so i guessing theres no way of using 309 'bones then wihout basically changing the enine?!

welshpug

309 shafts will fit the MA box, if you get them from a suitable TU engined model.

you would keep your existing hubs, main problem you will have is that 309 gti arms don't fit the TU 205 subframe, so you need to fit a gti subframe and move the post for the gear lever linkages to the TU position, then you'd have the ARB problem, TU models obviously don't have droplinks, so you'd need GTi dampers.

(my references to the 205 TU mean the base model, excluding the Euro rallye which used GTi wishbones and ARB)

Edited by welshpug

johnnyboy666

does that mean theres no 309's with tu engine/ma boxes? (i dont know much about 309s)

welshpug

yes theres loads.

johnnyboy666

i was planning on using a gti subframe and i have gti dampers so thats not an issue, with the gear post, does that need rewelding?

p.s. ignore my above post, me being slow!

johnnyboy666

so what about a base model 309's wishbones would they need the gti subframe ?

bren_1.3

309 base model wishbones would need the base model subframe.

Sandy

309 base model lower arms can be used on a base model 205 no problem. If you are seeking 309 MA shafts to suit, check they have the right number of splines (two variations were used on MA 309s) and make sure they are 1991 on, so there's no confusion with earlier G1/E1 309s that had BE boxes with a special casing on the pushrod 1100 and 1300 engines.

johnnyboy666

ah splendid, so i'll just forget about using the 1.6 hubs and stick with base model subframe, base model 309 bones and shafts but check the splines. thanks for clearing that up for me and saving me a few pennys :) (and not for the first time) lol

ta

john

Anthony

1.6 GTi hubs share the same driveshaft fitment as 205 base model hubs - only difference is the additional offset.

I'm running 1.6 GTi hubs on the front of my 205 XS for slightly wider front track, and it's a straight swap for the standard hubs - you'll need to run 1.6 GTi front disks as well because of the offset difference, and run some suitable calipers to match (I'm running 1.9 GTi calipers, but 1.6 GTi, 306 TD, or just about anything with 247mm vented disks will suffice)

johnnyboy666

ah even better, i did think i'd heard somewhere that 1.6gti front hubs were very similar to base model ones just a bit wider

thanks again

:)

Jrod

I was selling a set of 309 base model arms with polybushes and driveshaft on here a few weeks back for £60 but no one wanted them...

Basically gave them away to someone on 205 challenge in the end. :)

Henry Yorke

Base Model Track Control Arms are only about £15 a side new from a car parts place, so not worth rooting round a scrappy for.

Sign in to follow this