• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bill

Omp Mounting Brackets For Roll Cage

bill

As title please guys, does anyone know where you can get the mounting brackets for an omp bolt in roll cage. had a quick look on mp website but couldn't find anything

cheers

Batfink

I tried to use YBRacing but it was a painfull experience for both of us.

One of my distributors has just started stocking OMP so i use them when I dont want to order large amounts direct from Italy. Not sure if the mounting brackets are sold separately but i can ask as i need to get a couple of steering wheels in.

Edited by Batfink

bill

cheers folks, looking into ybracing, but not sure which bits i need as i've not seen the cage as yet, pm'd batfink :)

boombang

Easy enough to make.

On the basis you have to weld them in (therefore assume you can either weld or using someone who can to install them) just get some 3mm plate and make them up to fit as best.

bill
Easy enough to make.

On the basis you have to weld them in (therefore assume you can either weld or using someone who can to install them) just get some 3mm plate and make them up to fit as best.

worst case scenario, i'll do that mate

Spiky

they crap anyhow matey,

i'd would just custom make them :)

when i had my cage fitted they were altered like triggers broom ..lol

large

Got mine from demon tweeks but cost££££££££ I dont think OMP do a fitting kit for the 205 you just get a universal one so some adjustment may be needed.

16v205

The OMP plates need a little working to fit the car anyway as they are only a rough cut, its no big deal with a angle grinder and only takes a few minutes per plate.

If it was me id not pay silly money to OMP for replacements id be down my steel suppliers with a card board template. Your always going to have to gring the plates to make them fit properly anyway so save a few quid and just grind a little more off.

If theres a few of you needing these and you get really really stuck Ill work out a supply cost for these plates with the bends already done, pre-drilled and the captive bolts welded on.

Rich

ORB

I cut off all of the cage above the original feet, and welded up my own, they were a lot easier to fit and I think they work better.

marksorrento205

I have just been asking ybracing about the same thing and they said there is no mounting kit available but said to use AA/175 which I think would do for the front mounts, dont know about the rear's, and they cost £6.74 ea. Im wondering how much a bit of 3mm steel sheet will be. The brackets they say are not even drilled with welded nuts. Im thinking for the price of these brackets which is a bent piece of 3mm steel, it would be cheaper to make your own.

Sign in to follow this