• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
iamjackiechan

Straight Through Exhaust System

iamjackiechan

hi

ive recently bought a straight through exhaust system and the only silencer is the back box.

its on a 92 205 with an mi16.

has any one else got this, will it pass mot.

will

welshpug

as long as the sound level doesn't piss off the tester yes B)

hexhamstu

mines of one the pug sport group n straight through ones and it passed no problem.

Edited by hexhamstu

pip470

In theory should your car not have a cat fitted, but I suppose thats depending on what year of manufacture the engine that you now have fitted came from. Im not an moter and im sure many mot people wouldnt bother but just want to meak sure you get the correct information. Any moters like to confirm please?

Rom

Not a tester, but a mechanic. Noise isnt part of the test, as long as the system is sealed, no blowing etc.

I guess maybe they could refuse if it was deafening ? But id be very surprised.

I thought 93 on a k was when cats were mandatory. Doesnt matter what engine is fitted, it goes on the year of the shell.

Ryan
I thought 93 on a k was when cats were mandatory. Doesnt matter what engine is fitted, it goes on the year of the shell.

Emissions are tested according to whichever is oldest - the car or the engine.

Mikey S
Not a tester, but a mechanic. Noise isnt part of the test, as long as the system is sealed, no blowing etc.

I guess maybe they could refuse if it was deafening ? But id be very surprised.

noise is a part of the test, but its abit sketchy. basically you really need to have a similar model to compare it to but its down to the testers descretion. i wouldnt fail a noisy car, its being far too anal imo.

tidypug

like has already been said, its down to the testers discretion. I had the same magnex exhaust system on for years, passed no problem then it failed the MOT for being too loud even though he had passed it for the last few years.

Sign in to follow this