• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EdCherry

Safety Devices C12

EdCherry

I bought a cage off baz a while ago second hand.

Rather than pay AB Motorsports rip off price of £86.50 delivered for mounts I will make my own.

Its a 6 point BOLT IN, rather than the weld in cage.

If anyone can give me measurements/pictures would be very greatful.

Ed.

Miles

I'd make my own to the latest blue book Reg's. the SD one's I think are too small

EdCherry

Anychance you have a blue book Miles?

Somehow I doubt this car will ever go further than being a fun little track car, unless you know of something I can put it to use with that isnt gonna cost me both my legs and a left arm.

Cameron

I think I have the measurements somewhere, I'll see if I can dig them out.

EdCherry

Thanks cameron, would be very grateful! Lets hope I get the engine started and can move onto operation clean up soon!

kb_205

i am in exactly the same position! i sourced a secondhand one in great condition for 100 pounds incl removable door bars, :D

its ready to fit ASAP as last winter scared me a bit! lol

if you have the measurements could you let me know pls, :ph34r:

cheers

keiran

Baz

They'd be handy... i'm sure i asked for them months ago!! :ph34r:

timb1046

i have a c44 (i think) cage, im not sure of the differences in the cages BUt i do have the mounts still as i havnt got round to fitting it so can give measurements and pics if they're the same... i doubt they will be though

Cameron

Doh, sorry Baz! My heads a bloody sieve at the best of times so I need constant reminding. :ph34r:

Im not back home til Sunday so I'll dig around for them then. Should be in my big book of 205 stuff.

Baz

Cheers dude that'd be good.

The front of the C12 will be slightly different as the legs come down in a different place to the C44 & Cam's weld-in C45, but same principal, will just have to be profiled differently at the sills, B posts similar though, and again rear stays different as the C44 mounts to the beam rather than boot floor. :blush:

Cameron

Mkay, found them. I only have the front, mid and strut tops, no measurements for the rears.

Will have to figure out some way of getting a pic of them up, should have them tomorrow evening.

welshpug

Here's some pictures I found :lol:

th_19022008074.jpgth_19022008075.jpgth_C43certga.jpg

th_26022008106.jpgth_26022008104.jpgth_26022008112.jpg

the main shape of the plates I've seen are pretty similar, but do bear in mind that these are for a weld in cage not a bolt in.

Miles

The bolt in is completly different as seen here, you can just see how small the plates are which come supplied

post-43-1228685696_thumb.jpg

post-43-1228685717_thumb.jpg

welshpug

thos look VERY different!! though a doddle to replicate :lol:

Anulfo

205 challenge spec cage there miles??

Baz
205 challenge spec cage there miles??

Nope, looks like an adapted, added-to C12, C44 SD's are challenge spec ones. Rear stays pick up off the rear beam. :lol:

Edited by Baz

Cameron

:lol:

I mean a pic of the measurements, I could give a list but it might be a bit confusing.

Wow, the plates for that bolt-in cage are pretty small! B)

Cameron

Mkay, I knocked up some drawings of the mounts as a net (unfolded). I could only do the fronts for now as I don't have some of the dimensions for the others, I'll have to get those at the weekend as its too dark / cold when I get home from work.

FrontMount.jpg

Miles

Baz is right, It's the std bolt in cage C12 I guess with a extra brace and harness mount's added as I will not supply a car to anyone using the 205 floor pan as a mounting point, to the extent of not even using the std 205 seat point's as mounting area's as if you see what can happen you would never want to in a million years

EdCherry

Thanks for the pics miles, as always. Mine looks like a slightly different mount on the front to that (baz confirm?) as it sits on top of the sills... liking the harness and extra brace on that miles, I think we should have a quick chat :)

philfingers

I've got a C44 in my car, can take some pics tomorrow.

I pulled the SD cage out of my 309 and was going to refit it in a better shell. Anyway I just took the cage down to my local blacksmith and he made/ cut some plates up to fit under the feet. They didn't drill holes or fit captive nuts but for £20 for 6 plates I wasn't too bothered!

It's probably the easiest and cheapest option.

I think they need to be 3mm and cutting 3mm and bending it with out proper kit is a non starter anyway.

daveyboyblack

Am keen to see the pics of the C44 as it's what i'm currently looking at getting for my mi :D

Baz

Here's some stuff i've gathered.

C12 Plates;

c12cageplates.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/205...cageplates2.jpg (not sure why this particular cage doesn'r have it's own feet itself also! :ph34r: )

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/205...cageplates3.jpg

Am keen to see the pics of the C44 as it's what i'm currently looking at getting for my mi :)

C44; (courtesy of Ben/Bonzai :) )

Image123-1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/205.../Image134-1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/205.../Image138-1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/205...13032008240.jpg

:)