• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hcmini1989

Be1 Or Be3

hcmini1989

right here goes bought a 205 mi16 ran it for about a month then i sheared the spigit shaft allso so called the input shaft right so i bought a be1 gearbox off ebay ut its tottaly diffrent the new has a 10 mm shaft with goes in the clutch relase mechnism and has two arms one the cable goes to the other is on the release fork were as my old box is very simple and just on wich the cable goes to is the same as the release fork ive tried looking or piccys but cant find any allso looked at the numbers but they dont stte wether be1 or be3 so wich berbox is hich and are the spigits interchangeable

Peetypug

does it have lift up reverse? (reverse next to 1st) or is reverse behind 5th?

If it doesnt its BE3

If it does then its BE 1

Peetypug

sorry should have writen that clearer

BE3 is reverse below 5th

BE1 lift up reverse next to 1st

Baz

Sounds (very vague) like you've bought a be1 box then.

''Spigots'' as you cll them, or the input shafts aren't interchangeable, and on later be1 box's the clutch arms can be converted to your be3 type, but not all.

Edited by Baz

Miles

There are numer's on them all, will be BE1 & XU30 & BE3, also each case will have a date stamp on it.

dcc

Ive got a mi16 box on my engine, and that too has reverse next to first. its the later type clutch mechanism though, same style as the be3 clutch release arm. came from a citroen originally. we just changed the arm to suit the 205, and the jobs a gud 'un

Peetypug

^^ that i didn't know ^^

Think i'll leave the gearbox advice to the experts from now on :)

hcmini1989

ok thanks for the help its a be3 i need then

lfallgti

it should be stamped on it somewhere, be1 or be3

Sign in to follow this