• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Rear Valance - Looking For Something A Little Deeper

johnnyboy666

http://www.nicedeals.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5285

im looking for something along the lines of this to make the back of my car look a little nicer, although this one doesnt look like great quality and im not really a fan of grp (im guessing thats what its made of?) and am a bit wary of after market bumpers/ valances. can any body point me in the right direction of a similar one? i also think that bloody expensive for a valance so cheaper would be good too! ive always quite like the zender one but have never found one for sale :lol:

thanks in advance

john

p.s ive seen a few sort of 'add-on' type things on ebay that attach to the bottom of the valance but they all seem to leave a hole for the exhaust rather than an open bottom which i think would be quite inconvienient, are there any that dont do this?

thanks again

john

weejimmy

thats a rip off of ecosse's / esquiss's phoenoix bumper

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=325

so will be crap if its from a copy place, the original esquiss part is great quality and if you think £90 is expensive for a bumper beter get the cardboard and sticky tape out.

the reason people dont like fiberglass stuff is because some companies just copy other peoples work so dont care much and make crap parts.

esquiss who spend £thousands developing the part have some pride and make exelent quality stuff.

get what you pay for with fiberglass

johnnyboy666

£218.50 for a valance, i bet they sell a lot of those :ph34r: im not looking for specifically fiberglass (and the reason i dont like it is ore to do with the fragile and unflexible nature, not great qualities for something you want to sit close to the ground imo, actually would prefer something more like the original valance material (some type of plastic im assuming)

Henry Yorke

You will struggle to get something of ABS plastic for that kind of price. Also the moulding technique is much more complicated than fibreglass so they have to have huge runs of them. RGM used to do a lot of that sort of kit back in the day. The other obvious alternative is the optional Peugeot bodykit valance which is deeper. The Gutmann ones etc are harder to find

dale205mills

I got a gutmann one sat in my green house :ph34r:

1 FAT PUG

i got a nice bumper sat in my shed, think its a pug one aswell

johnnyboy666

is either of you hinting that you want rid of them :ph34r::D

ive found one rgm (i think) one that attaches to the bottom of the original one but i dont like the style of it

johnnyboy666

thats pretty much what i was looking for although i think i would probably adjust the exhaust hole to a slot for conveinence, how much are you wanting for it? including postage if possible? (bear in mind im a skint student :ph34r:)

kjd4000

i have that on my car! Looks really good IMO

Henry Yorke
I got a gutmann one sat in my green house :lol:

I think the one in this pic might be a PTS one as in the pic below. Does it have GM stamped on it anywhere? If it does, then drop me a note please as I may add it to my collection!

post-3457-1228693594.jpg

Sign in to follow this