• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
porter_bmx

Bias Pedal Box

porter_bmx

hi, ill be buying a bais pedal box in about a week and was thinking how hard is it to fit in?? i have a mi16 in my 205 and was just wondering about clearance issues. the engine is at the correct angle. i think of getting a compbrake one.

cheers :lol:

welshpug

you'll need to unbolt the engine and tilt it forwards carefully, supported on a trolley jack, yo'll may need to remove the slam panel and rad or just the inlet.

Edited by welshpug

porter_bmx

cheers sounds a bit tricky lol

Spiky

i think getting the old one out will need more room

welshpug

Sorry, should have mentioned, I took it out separately, i.e servo and MC off first, then pedal box.

Rob Thomson

I managed to swap my old bias pedal box for the standard set-up (cos the bias box was s*it) without moving the engine. That was in the old 309, but as far as I know the engine bulkhead are in exactly the same relative positions...?

It is a fiddle, but possible.

porter_bmx

cheers for the help guys, got the old one out in bits (m.c off servo ect without moving engine) fingers crossed i can get the bais one. is there any box's that you'd recomend getting or they all about the same?? cheers

Rob Thomson

Mine was made by TAS (now Compbrake?) and was properly s*it. It eventually collapsed under the immense strain imposed by one of my scrawny legs (luckily locking the brakes on rather than off), and was also very crude. One of the things you should look out for is a proper spherical bearing where the bias bar joins the pedal; the bearing outer should slide inside a sleeve attached to the pedal as you screw the bar in and out. My bias bar was machined to fit inside the sleeve at the centre, so the bearing was the sleeve itself. I also had to modify it to fit the car as it was a completely bespoke pedal box rather than based on an OE one. Complete load of bollocks, totally flawed and ineffective.

If you can stretch to it, get a proper one from Peugeot Sport. I always regretted trying to save that ~£150.

Spiky
cheers for the help guys, got the old one out in bits (m.c off servo ect without moving engine) fingers crossed i can get the bais one. is there any box's that you'd recomend getting or they all about the same?? cheers

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=98160

made my own

will know very soon the results and have track day planned in 3 weeks,

can make you one if you can wait

SurGie

Are these road legal ?

What do they feel like compared to ordinary brakes ?

porter_bmx

i was going to buy a compbrake one. lucky i didnt part with my cash. spiky let us know how much and how they perform also what size m.cs should i use, will the plate that you weld behing the servo( or where it used to be) be enough to prevent the flex? cheers

Edited by porter_bmx

bren_1.3

the units themselves dont tend to flex.. its the bulkhead that could really do with a strenthening plate.

Sign in to follow this