• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rupes

Bonnet Release Cable

Rupes

I've had a good search but I can't find anyone having asked this before, probably because it's a stupid question, but anyway, here goes.

I'm trying to reconnect the bonnet release cable on my Rallye (long story involving a wet road, blind corner, queue of stationary traffic and a bush), there's a bracket about 18inches back from the end, where the hell does it bolt on - it's the last thing to do on my repair? Having said all that, how should it route through the engine bay - it's just poking out from the bulk head at the moment and is no good to anyone?

DrSarty
it's a long story involving ... a bush

:lol:

It comes (as you face the car/engine bay), along the inner right wing, curving round to a usually rusted on metal clip under the metal bit over the right hand headlight, where it continues on to the underside of the slam panel and the latch mechanism. It is possible that the clip, which grips the end of the cable outer fastens to the underside of the slam panel, but it's in that area.

HTH.

Edited by DrSarty

GLPoomobile

From the bulkhead it goes (IIRC) along the inner chassis leg behind the battery, and then either over or under the washer reservoir, then in the front corner it twists 90 degress to come back along under the slam panel. The bracket you refer to I believe is only a little thing, which fastens under the headlight panel I think. Should be a single screw that goes down through one of the holes in the headlight panel.

welshpug

Not much detail here, but a shows all the parts.

th_205bonnetreleasecable.jpg

Rom

The route isnt viatally important, i had to move mine around a bit. And as said, the little 'p' type clip does indeed bolt onto the NS headlight panel.

Just along from the big circular hole, there are some more smaller holes. Its one of those, whichever gives best cable slack etc is fine.

Rupes

Brilliant. I stuck an M6 bolt through the big hole in the panel above the nearside light, bolted the P connector to it and, after some lock re-alignment it worked. Thanks everyone for the help.

Sign in to follow this