• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest turbo_jay

Helllllllllp With My Pug 205 Turbo

Guest turbo_jay

hi all i am a neby to all this lol

right wounderin if eney body could help with my converson i have recently put a 406 2lt turbo sri engine in my 205

the car runs and if u put yuur foot down when the car is stood still it will bounce off the limiter . but when

u are moving the car is ok untill it reatches boost then it starts miss fireing and poping and shoots flames out the

exghaust . i have taken the plugs out and thay are burning white witch i beleav that means it is runing lean .

as for the enigan nock i have been told it is the nock senser that is not working as it only nocks at about 3500 rpm

can eneybody help pleas

Phil H

Welcome to the forum. Any chance of a few commas and full stops to make reading easier.

Edited by Phil H

rapidcossie

My advice is to stop testing it on the road and get it checked and set up by and expert on a rolling road.

Check AFR's, plug gaps, igntion etc etc

Mikey S

do you have the lambda sensor in the downpipe and wired up? will make a big difference to the running of it if it isnt.

Guest turbo_jay

hi there pugger,

the car has got the labda senser in and wierd up .

aparently i have been told that the ecu needs remaping for this particular engine converson.

duz enebody no if this is true.???

Mikey S
hi there pugger,

the car has got the labda senser in and wierd up .

aparently i have been told that the ecu needs remaping for this particular engine converson.

duz enebody no if this is true.???

theres a few guys on here who run 2.0 turbo's and as far as i know there not remapped. have you checked the lambda is actually switching a voltage? as if its stuck it will cause it too run lean.

theres usually 4 wires on the sensor. 2 are heater wires (grey, but dont hold me too that) and the other 2 are the switch wires. probing these 2 wires with a multimeter with the engine running will show the voltage pulsing up then down then up etc, usually between 0.2 and 0.9 of a volt. it will continously do this as the engine is running. if the sensor is stuck on a higher voltage reading, they run very weak. lower voltage means rich.

try this and post your results up.

mike.

p.s, heads up, txt speak is not tolerated on the forum. :)

Moz_Goodwood

i take it you've got a 2.0 turbo ecu and your not remapping the gti ecu?

Guest turbo_jay
theres a few guys on here who run 2.0 turbo's and as far as i know there not remapped. have you checked the lambda is actually switching a voltage? as if its stuck it will cause it too run lean.

theres usually 4 wires on the sensor. 2 are heater wires (grey, but dont hold me too that) and the other 2 are the switch wires. probing these 2 wires with a multimeter with the engine running will show the voltage pulsing up then down then up etc, usually between 0.2 and 0.9 of a volt. it will continously do this as the engine is running. if the sensor is stuck on a higher voltage reading, they run very weak. lower voltage means rich.

try this and post your results up.

mike.

p.s, heads up, txt speak is not tolerated on the forum. :ph34r:

hy there pugger.

i have tried what u sed and there seems to be fluctuason in the lambda senser.

I carnt under stand whats rong.

Think i am going to go down the rout of geting a new coil pack and some new plugs.

Mikey S

have you checked the map sensor and pipe are ok? especially if the hose is split or blocked slightly.

Guest turbo_jay

sorry for the slow responce pugger.

think it is something to do with the air intake . it's geting to mutch air think it is some thing to do with the boost controller that is on it.

i made the mistake of buying someone elses unfinishid project.

i have taken that off now and now looking for a original boost solanoid .

hopefully that will cure the problem . will keep u posted .

thank u for all your help it is much appriciated

Sign in to follow this