• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
autograsser

Fuel Pump On An Injection

autograsser

my grasser will only have a 5l fuel tank (probably mounted in the engine bay or maybe the boot) so i am going to need to fit a aftermarket fuel pump i.e facet what is the better type to go for as there is sooo many to choose from :blink: also what pressure does a 1.6gti run at???

Anthony

Standard fuel pressure is 3 bar above manifold, and is set by the fuel pressure regulator on the end of the fuel rail. If you're running carbs, then of course the fuel pressure will be considerably lower.

You probably could adapt the standard fuel pump to work with the smaller tank you're planning to run, or use an external pump like 405's use from memory - much cheaper than buying something specially for the job.

autograsser
Standard fuel pressure is 3 bar above manifold, and is set by the fuel pressure regulator on the end of the fuel rail. If you're running carbs, then of course the fuel pressure will be considerably lower.

You probably could adapt the standard fuel pump to work with the smaller tank you're planning to run, or use an external pump like 405's use from memory - much cheaper than buying something specially for the job.

not running carbs just standard injection, was gonna go down the facet route as i dont wanna be messing about trying to make it fit/seal on a tank

boombang

405 as Anthony says runs a high pressure external pump, which for you would probably be ideal. Plenty of them about and IIRC the basic injection 405 ran the same pump as the 405 T16, so a pump off any injection model will do the job nicely.

autograsser
405 as Anthony says runs a high pressure external pump, which for you would probably be ideal. Plenty of them about and IIRC the basic injection 405 ran the same pump as the 405 T16, so a pump off any injection model will do the job nicely.

would i need to add a pressure regulator or is the one in the manifold good enough?? ideally id like to fit a gauge anyways so i can tweek and see what pressure makes what difference, is it easy enough to fit?

Mikey S
would i need to add a pressure regulator or is the one in the manifold good enough?? ideally id like to fit a gauge anyways so i can tweek and see what pressure makes what difference, is it easy enough to fit?

the one in the manifold is more than good enough for the job if you want to run at standard pressure. if you want to run a gauge so you can tweek the pressure then an adjustable pressure regulator (fse or similar) would be more appropriate.

autograsser

sorry to sound thick but i take the standard one requires removing/bypassing

Sign in to follow this