• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EdCherry

Power Cable

EdCherry

Ok, in the mission to get the car from non-starting to starting I thought I might as well make my life a bit easier and replace cables now.

Since im gonna wire in a master switch and the starter/alt and negative cables have seen better days id just like some info on what size to go for on the following:

Alternator to Starter

Alternator to Battery Terminal

Earth from Gearbox to Chassis

DrSarty
Ok, in the mission to get the car from non-starting to starting I thought I might as well make my life a bit easier and replace cables now.

Since im gonna wire in a master switch and the starter/alt and negative cables have seen better days id just like some info on what size to go for on the following:

Alternator to Starter

Alternator to Battery Terminal

Earth from Gearbox to Chassis

Always fit as big as you can, both physically fit and afford.

Miles

16mm for the starter, 10mm for the Alt. Get some good ring crimps and crimpers

Rom

Thats what i used when i redid all my powers and earths. Crimpers to crimp that kind of size cost a fortune. I borrowed a set from a Auto Electrics place next to my work.

If memory serves me, i think its 8mm ring terminals. Easy enough to measure though to check.

EdCherry

Think we might have crimpers at college I can quickly use!

Will order the stuff 2moro hopefully :wacko:

Sign in to follow this