• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dean

Gti6 Into 205 Wiring

dean

i have tryed searching for wiring diagrams for a gti6 engine into a 205 and i have found a fare bit. but i wondered if any one has just a simple right up of which wires connect to which o the brown multiplug

thanks dean

dean

can any one tell me if i am any were close with my wiring before i try and do it with the real thing

10 Pin 205_______________________________________gti6 wires

2A Tachy Relay____________________________________Red 426 -obd socket + rev counter/tacho spee

32A__________________________________________

Switched Live (Confused?)____________________________

30 Oil Temp Stop Light______________________________

30A Oil Pressure Gauge________________________________Yellow 410 -oil pressure warning ligh

30B Oil Temp Gauge__________________________________Red 411 -oil temp sender

7A Alternator Warning Light____________________________Dark Brown/Redish -1070 alternator warning/charging light

47 Coolant Temp Switch_______________________________White 400 -coolant temp gauge sender

47A Coolant Temp Gauge______________________________Beige 401 -coolant temp gauge sende

52 Reverse Light Switch_______________________________Grey C120 -reverse light switch

53 Reverse Light Switch_______________________________Orange 220 -reverse light switch

6 Pin 205___________________________________________gti6 wire

76 Fuel Pump_______________________________________Thick White 120 -fuel pump (through fuse 9 in a 306)

112B Tacho Feed_____________________________________Yellow 465 -goes to wire no.1360, vehicle speed sensor on gearbox

46B Starter Solenoid__________________________________Thick White 100 -switched +tve to starter motor (to start)

Earth/ground________________________________________Yellow/Green -M444 -permanent earth/-tve

pug_ham

Rev counter signal feed is from pin 42 on the ecu plug, no-where else afaik. Once you find this wire it connects to wire 112 B. Wire #465 is redundant, its for the digital odometer in the 306 so you won't need it.

The VSS feed splits but doesn't need a signal to the clocks (wire # 465 see above) so there isn't a connection to make except an ignition switched live to the VSS pin 1 which comes from the double relay so you shouldn't have any connection to make.

Wire 2A on the 205 loom originally went to the coil but now goes to the double relay switched feed connecting to the wire CC1 / CC3 from the relay pin #14. This is your ignition switched live.

Wire 120 can connect directly to wire 76 at the underdash brown multiplug, no need for an addition fuse as it runs through the 205 fusebox from there.

I find it easier to keep the 205 sensor / starter loom seperate from the donor loom as much as possible, just avoids any error in connections & also makes it easier if you ever do another engine / management change.

Only wire I can't see listed is wire #480 for the MIL / K light if you are planning to use it.

Graham.

dean

thanks thats a great help

Fox

I've been on with this on my car this weekend, done as above but it still wont fire up, I'll make a note of what i've done and it may help you

Fox

Right, I've been out and put an LED on a coil pack plug, it glows with the ignition on and the fuel pump is priming, but when I checked it with the multimeter its going -ve. I tried it the other wayround and no flashing when turning over

I've not got the lambda plugged in, or the VSS, would that make a difference? Theres still a few plugs hanging loose in the bay that dont seem to have a home too.

Will try trace these now

Spiky

vss or lambda not needed to start.

have you put a a switched live to the grey cable from the 19pin connector, which is pin 14 of the double relay?

does your fuel pump prime?

have you got a crank sensor fitted?

Fox
vss or lambda not needed to start.

have you put a a switched live to the grey cable from the 19pin connector, which is pin 14 of the double relay?

does your fuel pump prime?

have you got a crank sensor fitted?

Good

Yes, I've got that and the grey lambda sensor wire wired up to the red switched live

Yes fuel pump primes on ignition

No crank sensor, that may be the issue... lol Is that like a flywheel sensor? Dont know if i've got one...

I feel soo Ill today, think i've got man flu. :D

Edited by Fox

Spiky

man flu :o and you can still type..lol ;)

yeah you need the sensor in the gearbox above the flywheel ( though i'm not 100% if it start without it)

the grey wire isnt for the lamba its to power the double relay, so check again when you turn the ignition on that you get a live on pin 14 of the double realy (jsut remove the relay and check)

Fox
man flu :o and you can still type..lol ;)

yeah you need the sensor in the gearbox above the flywheel ( though i'm not 100% if it start without it)

the grey wire isnt for the lamba its to power the double relay, so check again when you turn the ignition on that you get a live on pin 14 of the double realy (jsut remove the relay and check)

Only thing I can do!

I'll look out for it, must have one somewhere...

I've got two grey wires, one goes to pin 14 on the d.relay, and the other I was told goes to heat the lamba sensor (or something)

What does the plug for the crank sensor look like?

Ohhh, and what does the inertia switch look like? Is it near the ECU plug? Does it have white wires? I have joined up what I asumed was the inertia wires here, you can just make them out...

100_3131.jpg

Spiky

the red thing on the wing is the inertia switch

DSC05744.jpg

you can just join them if you no longer have it, but i kept if for safety, is i have a crash on track it kills the engine for me.

the crank sensor has 3 wires i think (will check when i get home)

Fox

It was missing from the loom when I got it, along with a couple of other plugs...

While I've got you, where does the vac for the brake servo attach on the 6? Just to the left of the TB? Is it the black pipe on the photo above?

Spiky

DSC05187.jpg

can you see it on there? to the right of the cam cover ;)

Fox

Does it not come off the inlet manifold then?

Got some photos for you here, showing you what I'm up against!

I've found two crank sensors, allthough they appear to be 205 ones, might try them if they fit.

Image297.jpg

Is this for the servo?

Image301.jpg

Whats this?

Image302.jpg

And this?

Image304.jpg

Any idea where any of these these go?

Image298.jpg

Image303.jpg

Spiky

DSC05699.jpg

i would get a new crank sensor from pug dude, it's not expensive

i have a a valve off my inlet as you can just work out

i think the pipe of the valve fits into the inlet, so just get the pipe work from a gti6 thats breaking

just blank off the black pipe, it was for the carbon canister

that brown plug is for the carbon canister, just bin it ;)

i have a spare blue connector, though might be the opil pressure? or surplus if you have connectors on all ya sensors :o

think that covers it B)

some photo's to help with the brake servo pipes

DSC05699.jpg

DSC04955.jpg

DSC05522.jpg

Fox

Cheers mate, just on the phone to pug now, they've got one in! £23

I tried a spare cam sensor, didnt work, lol!

Spiky

worth it for the price dude ;)

djinuk

out of interest im guessing the crank sensor attaches onto the engine, rather than gearbox ?, reason i ask , i am going to be removing my gti6 gearbox from the engine, to fit my 1.9 be3 box, do i need to transfer this crank sensor onto the new gearbox ?

Spiky

the gti6 crank sensor is bolted into the top of the gearbox

to run ther gti6 engine you need the gti6 crank sensor

early be1's dont have the hole for the crank sensor.

as be3's are later i "guess" they will have the hole for the crank sensor, but check first before fitting :P

M@tt

No the sensor fits in the top of the gearbox, take the one out of the gti6 gearbox before you get rid of it

EDIT: ^^^^^ What he said :P ^^^^^

Edited by M@tt

Fox

Well, I fitted it, turned the key, and it burst into life, and set off the neighbours car alarm!

It fitted fine into the BE3 1.6 box

pug_ham

Glad you sorted it fox, I tried to reply eariler but was having connection issues.

If you haven't got a crank sensor there is no way your engine will start, how can the ecu tell the engine is turning without it? The one from your 205 originally won't work on the GTi-6 ecu, or any other ecu for that matter.

The CAS plug is brown three pin plug, its not visable in any of your pictures though.

This topic lists the colour & use of each plug on the GTi-6 loom should you still have any stray ones.

Graham.

Fox

Wonderful Graham, just need to get the car back together.

I can't believe I've never seen that topic, it would have made things a lot simpler!

jtek

^ +1, That has made my life a lot more simple!