• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
philfingers

Routing The Loom Under The Dash

philfingers

Just started to put the interior and dash back in.

Are there any pics anywhere of where the loom should be routed. I'm guessing nothing goes under/ behind the heater box?

Wish I'd taken some pics now!

Phil

steve@cornwall
Just started to put the interior and dash back in.

Are there any pics anywhere of where the loom should be routed. I'm guessing nothing goes under/ behind the heater box?

Wish I'd taken some pics now!

Phil

Afraid you're guessing wrong :lol: There's a whole heap behind the heater. This is the best I could find, but it may help

Image010.jpg

philfingers

Basically there are two lots that go from the fuse box across the bulkhead. One lot run over to the column and I think is for the trafficator arms and ignition and also probably go into the drivers door. The other lot have the horseshoe shaped plastic guide/ holder and I think go to the clocks. Would it be the first on that goes behind the heater?

Haven't put the dash back in yet so not an issue If I need to take the heater back out as it's just the few bolts

A lot easier than changing the thermostat in my 2.5 V6 TDi Audi, it's 3.5hr job! For a friggin thermostat!

Phil

steve@cornwall
Basically there are two lots that go from the fuse box across the bulkhead. One lot run over to the column and I think is for the trafficator arms and ignition and also probably go into the drivers door. The other lot have the horseshoe shaped plastic guide/ holder and I think go to the clocks. Would it be the first on that goes behind the heater?

Haven't put the dash back in yet so not an issue If I need to take the heater back out as it's just the few bolts

A lot easier than changing the thermostat in my 2.5 V6 TDi Audi, it's 3.5hr job! For a friggin thermostat!

Phil

Looking at this one everything except the hazard switch group wiring and the radio etc that goes down behind the console goes behind the heater.

DSC00026.jpg

philfingers

had a quick look tonight, yes can see it now, heater out tomorrow night then!

Sign in to follow this