• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mainline

Another Quick Caliper Question

mainline

I have decided to upgrade to 1.9 calipers. Have got the pads out, caliper bolts out, but I can't get the union housing at the end of the brake hose to undo at all. I have been using a 14mm spanner on it, but it won't seem to budge. Do they seize up a lot? All I seem to be doing is rounding the nut. I have sprayed WD40 on it etc, but getting nowhere. Any tips? Should I heat it up or something?

:)

miamichris

WD40 isnt much use is this situation, i've found..plusgas is much better, spray it and let it soak for a while then see how you get on. If you round it, then use vise grips, it'll come out eventually! :lol:

mainline
WD40 isnt much use is this situation, i've found..plusgas is much better, spray it and let it soak for a while then see how you get on. If you round it, then use vise grips, it'll come out eventually! :lol:

Plusgas Formula A - is that the stuff? Got an itchy trigger finger about to "buy it now"

miamichris

sounds like it! its in a blue tin, its good gear too..its a penetrating oil whereas WD40 is just a lubricant :lol:

GLPoomobile

Another vote for Plusgas.

mainline

Have ordered some, got the aerosol version. Just want it to arrive before my new calipers (which should have been here yesterday grrrrrrrrr)!

Thanks for all your help.

Sign in to follow this