• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jeeves

Difference In Compression

jeeves

Hi there

I am building a 1.6 engine but i am keeping it as standard. What i want to do is put in new pistons and liners. I have two blocks, a b6d which is not really that great condition and i would really like to replace it with my b6e block. I noticed that on here it says the b6d has a better compression ratio does this really make any difference in this engine?? I have been told that it is just the pistons are different between these two blocks does anyone know if that is true?

What would people recommend i do use the b6e block with the b6d pistons kit??

Any comments welcome :D

Tom Fenton

I can't see how a block can be in good or bad condition if you are replacing the liners. So long as there are no chunks missing a block is a block is a block. If you are replacing pistons and liners it doesn't matter which you use as the crank stroke is the same.

If you do use the B6E block I could be interested to buy the old pistons and liners from it.

jeeves

The block is not in good condition as it has a hole just where the liner sits which had to be repaired with metal filler so i think it would be best to replace it with different more sturdy block.

Does anyone know where the best place is to get a piston and liner kit?

Sign in to follow this