• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Xu10j4 Tensioners

Doof

Anyone got any pictures of late Mi16 timing belt tensioners, my engine seems to have been a bit of a mish-mash of parts and the tensioner i currently have doesn't fit, it fowls on the plastic cover at the back if i try and rotate it round. This is the rear tensioner, not the one on some bizarre pivoting mechanism...

Why Peugeot, why do you change things so often and for no good reason!

Heres a picture of what i've got. As you can see the tensioner that would go on the peg in the top left is a swivel type but can't swivel round far enough because of the plastic cover being too close...so either i have the wrong tensioner, or the cover isn't right (looks fine)...i'm tempted to just chop some of the cover away but want to do this properly!

DSC01510.jpg

Richie-Van-GTi

it should swivel away from the plastic when tensioning so shouldnt be an issue, unless of course you have some sort of stpidly massive tensioner? I can measure a genuine pug one for you if you need to confirm diamter and peg offset?

Doof

Ok i've managed to get it to work like that, one of the cams had slipped which meant the belt didn't sit properly on the camshaft pulley at the minimum level of tension...all is well now so ignore me being a wuss :D

Sign in to follow this