• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
speedy indy

1.9 Gti Water Pipes ?

speedy indy

I'm putting together my 1,9 8V engine after replacing the head gasket

Underneath the throttle body housing there are 3 outlets to connect pipes to... which connects to the inlet manifold

two of them come out in a V shape .... problem is i dont know where to connect these pipes to ....

i know one goes back to the water reservoir.... not sure where the other one is supposed to be connected to ?

any help would be appreciated

hope this makes sense :)

welshpug

the other goes to the small take-off on the thermostat housing just above the cover/top hose for the thermostat.

3rd will be for the Vacuum advance, if the vacuum advance is already connected some throttle bodies have an additional port for diagnostic purposes (to connect a Vacuum gauge to) this should be blanked off.

speedy indy

Have had a look and still cant figure it out .....will take some pics later

Anyone near heathrow have a 1.9 i can come and have a look at ?

Miles

Don;t connect them to the coolent, The top right pipe from the header tank goes on the small pipe above the themostat, Ditch the other pipe as it's no use in the UK

The very small (Brass coloured) pipe is the vacume pipe which goes to the Dizzy.

Sign in to follow this